SkyscraperCity banner

What do you think about Blue Volcano Stadium?

• I like it and it's unique landmark

Votes: 96 31.4%
  • I like it and it's landmark but not unique

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • I like it but it's not landmark

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 137 44.8%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 45 14.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 1932 Posts

·
Banned
63 Posts
B11 is already being built isn't it?

B12 how are they suppose to build that gravity defying thingo on the top?

B13,10,9 and 6 are not as nice as the others.

B1 reminds me of a ******. Perhaps China is ready to open up and be fu-ked by the West? LOL jk

·
Registered
315 Posts
Magician said:
No offense... but I think B11 design is the ugliest... why they choose this...
y? it looks like birdnest to u? :D:D anyway interesting architecture..would like to c how doesit really look like when construction done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
this is so old i cant believe u only came across these designs now...

otherwise maybe some other countries could be as adventorous in stadiums designs as the chinese, although i still dont feel that the birds nest is the best decision,

the flying roof of B12 will be able to take passengers and they can view action from above, it will rely on a helium aero dynamic and internal baro kinetic generator.

·
Registered
315 Posts
jclornton said:
this is so old i cant believe u only came across these designs now...

otherwise maybe some other countries could be as adventorous in stadiums designs as the chinese, although i still dont feel that the birds nest is the best decision,

the flying roof of B12 will be able to take passengers and they can view action from above, it will rely on a helium aero dynamic and internal baro kinetic generator.
yea, the 'birds' nest' design is already under construction, but it'll not look exactly the same as what we seen from artist impression, bcos it simply costs too much to build such 'nest'...

·
Tōkyō itsumademo
379 Posts
Maybe because for the night light effect...

But are there panes or only holes ? It would be better if there are panes to improve the output... Some nice coloured windows ;)

Hmm...

I think this project could be nice seeing in the city :)

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
although it's a very striking and inovative design i think we are well on the way to priceing out the olympics from most of the world.

The sydney games cost $5billion, Athens' cost $12 billion, and the forecast for beijing is over $30 billion.

All this suggests that only a handful of the richest cities and countries will be able to afford to host the games in the future. Small or medium sized developning countries( in say, Africa or South America) wont have a chance. a real shame.

Cheers

Dean - Melbourne

D

·
0 Posts
Magician said:
No offense... but I think B11 design is the ugliest... why they choose this...
I agree. I don't see anything "magnificent" about it. I like BO1 and BO3.

·
Banned
63 Posts
I wonder why the cost of staging the games in Beijing jumps more than 6-fold since the Sydney games. Athens is very expensive too but as far as I'm concerned, it wasn't that great compared to Sydney in term of infrastructure and grandiosity of the games. Still it cost $12 billion compares to Sydney's $5 billion.

1 - 20 of 1932 Posts