SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to newspaper Korrieri , a new hospital will be built in Tirana at the cost of 130 million dollars.
The project will start at the end of this year and it is believed to be finished in 2008 :cheers:
I have no pics of the project

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
^ You know, I really like Tirana. It's so unique in this region; like a tacky, colorful, tropical paradise. I wouldn't want every city to be like this, or my own...but it's nice to have a city that's so "new" that you can do these sorts of things.

I really like how clean and warm all the commieblocks look, it's good! Adds spice to the Balkans. :)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I am still in shock that 130 million dollars is going to be spent on only ONE hospital. This thing better have some hover-jets. :D

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They talked about this last year but the figure was 40 million but from reading Korrieri they say it will cost 130 million
I was very surprised as well , i wish i had renderings of the project to show here cause i am very curious to see since so much is invested in one hospital
This is a good investment for sure

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Football Rules said:
They talked about this last year but the figure was 40 million but from reading Korrieri they say it will cost 130 million
I was very surprised as well , i wish i had renderings of the project to show here cause i am very curious to see since so much is invested in one hospital
This is a good investment for sure

Good investment? Yes...Good idea to spend so much money? No...

I personally believe that you only need what...40 million dollars to build a good hospital. Why not only spend 50 million on a hospital in Tirana, and 40 million each for two other cities in Albania that have large populations and need it.

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From reading the morning papers they are saying that it wont be one hosptial alone but a hospital complex , which explains why it will cost so much
The first building will be a 4 floor hospital with 90 rooms
It doesnt go into any further detail about the rest
This complex is called "University Hosptial Mother Teresa"
I think they are going too far with Mother Teresa baring the names of a square , an airport and now a hospital :runaway:

·
Incendia Astrum
971 Posts
Yeah, the "Mother Teresa" naming convention is funny.

Yep, a lot of progress is being made regarding hospitals and I am glad to see such money invested this way. Cheers to the minister for doin an outstanding job in increasing the health care standards. :cheers:

·
Incendia Astrum
971 Posts
MIMICA said:
Good investment? Yes...Good idea to spend so much money? No...

I personally believe that you only need what...40 million dollars to build a good hospital. Why not only spend 50 million on a hospital in Tirana, and 40 million each for two other cities in Albania that have large populations and need it.
There is a regional development strategy to be implemented. Other main cities are recieveing or are in the process of recieving money to improve the health care system.
Health care is under constant progress. It is one of the main achievments of Albania these years.

PS: HIV/AIDS ARV treatment is free in Albania which also costs. A lot of social measures have been taken in terms of providing free medicines to third age people and so on.

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not to mention schools in the city are really impressive , beautifully renovated and very clean
Tirana is an overall beautiful city from all aspects of social life
We just need to clean up some old commie buildings and we will be OK

Ps: Regarding the name Mother Teresa , acctually the existing hospital was named as such since 1997 according to an ATA old archive so it was there before Rinas changed its name
I am so against this
One plaza is enough , we dont need to name every institution after her
There are more important albanians who have acctually contributed to our history who dont get this honor

·
I come in peace \V/
11,252 Posts
to build great hospital (500-700 beds) it would cost somewhere in the region of 180-220€ million , to build state of the art hospital say 700-1000 beds would cost 250-500€ million, for 130 million US$ you won't get a lot, even in Albania...

·
Incendia Astrum
971 Posts
It is not a brand new building, is a recontruction plan, thus the money is a lot. Keep in mind that it does not include exspensive equipment i.e atomic scanners, which are offered in separate projects. For what it is supposed to, this money quite a lot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts