·
Banned
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under Construction

·
Registered
491 Posts
good anouther nice looking building for portsmouth.

ps: i live in fareham which is so close to portsmouth it may as well be part of it lol.

·
Banned
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No idea, all I know is that ground work has started, hoardings all up, etc...

·
Banned
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Admiralty Quarter

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Are they still going to commence with the tower at Gunwharf?

Oh and Nick you can add the other PP tower to your sig now i think! ;)

·
Banned
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
East Side Plaza - the 95m tower - the core is already up to floor 15 (there are 26 floors). Ideally the tower could have been easily 150m, and the surrounding buildings could have staggered down to 120m, 100m, 70m, 40m etc....

·
Dedicated Festival Fan
472 Posts
As i was crossing the ferry into Portsmouth you could see this fine building is virtually topped out i think i counted 22 floors, cladding is also progressing extremely high.

A manhattanisation of Portsmouth would look really impressive due to its river location and small city centre, it would have to be well clustered!!!

Not long till Portsmouth's 2nd tallest building becomes completed.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I was in Portsmouth yesterday(for the first time) working down by Gunwharf quay and was quite impressed by what I saw. There are some very high quality developments going on. The Admiralty quarter is quite interesting with its wooden beams giving it quite a rural feel despite it's city centre location.

The other tall building(don't know it's name?)that is nearing completion down there is very similiar to one in Bristol that is also nearly finished albeit a fair bit taller. It's a pity though that, like the Bristol one, the cladding looks a bit tacky..

·
Registered
16,733 Posts
As i was crossing the ferry into Portsmouth you could see this fine building is virtually topped out i think i counted 22 floors, cladding is also progressing extremely high.

A manhattanisation of Portsmouth would look really impressive due to its river location and small city centre, it would have to be well clustered!!!

Not long till Portsmouth's 2nd tallest building becomes completed.

River Location? Its an Island :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts