Votes: 12 19.0%

Votes: 44 69.8%

Votes: 7 11.1%
1 - 20 of 7929 Posts

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our government has been constantly under threat for tha past 2 decades. Part of the problem is that all of the National Government Offices are located in the countries' most congested and biggest metropolis. I hope that like the USA, Australia, Brazil, S. Africa and Pakistan. Our country has a serious problem in the process of selecting our leaders as well as the equally serious problem of coups and revolutions. I hope that with the change of the government system and leadership later on, our government will also be relocated to a more central and secure location. This may be far fetched as of the moment but maybe the leaders will also realize this later on and we will have a list of good and viable options. So do you guys have any suggestions?

·
At your service bai..
29 Posts
This is right for me, I read South Korea and Malaysia had already transferred their capital cities to another cities in order decongest Seoul and Kuala Lumpur.

·
i want to see you in cebu
399 Posts
Dinho said:
Our government has been constantly under threat for tha past 2 decades. Part of the problem is that all of the National Government Offices are located in the countries' most congested and biggest metropolis. I hope that like the USA, Australia, Brazil, S. Africa and Pakistan. Our country has a serious problem in the process of selecting our leaders as well as the equally serious problem of coups and revolutions. I hope that with the change of the government system and leadership later on, our government will also be relocated to a more central and secure location. This may be far fetched as of the moment but maybe the leaders will also realize this later on and we will have a list of good and viable options. So do you guys have any suggestions?
Cebu would be nice since we already have the Malacanang of the South here.. Hehehe!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
I think it should be anywhere in Jolo. Just make sure the president is not always there 99.9 %.

·
Couch Weight
2,934 Posts
There was a proposal under the Constitutional Commission of Pres. GMA to transfer the capital to Clark, Pampanga. I don't know if the proposal pushed through.

·
Registered
132 Posts
nice idea transferring the capital but can our government actually afford to do that, just imagine how much that is gonna cost. Maybe a decade from now its possible.......

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Let's move the capital to Laoag. Farinas won't tolerate any hanky panky from the rallyist. Vigan is not good enough. Bing Bong has mellowed quite a bit and is now into Christ.

·
Life is Here!
1,343 Posts
id like it here: babuyan island

·
mr lakawboy;)
5,576 Posts
I want it to be in Northern Mindanao area so that Mindanao will progress faster... Northern Mindanao coz it's still one of the peaceful areas in our country that is located in Mindanao.

·
mr lakawboy;)
5,576 Posts
Cebu? nah, it should be outside Cebu. Cebu is for business and tourism, not for a capital ;)

·
I'm Watching You
12,364 Posts
Bypassed

OtAkAw said:
Planong ng plano wala naman nangyayari!
''POR aqui, no paso la Revolu-cion…" translated literally, "The Revolution did not pass here…" – that is a favorite phrase in Mexico used to describe a hopelessly depressed area bereft of the most basic public services, beyond the reach of any civil institution, where people’s lives have hardly changed since the last colonizer was booted out, where hope for progress and modernity remains precarious. It may also apply to people, specially to political troglodytes who cleave to retrograde positions as if we were still in the dark days of the Holy Inquisition. Recently, that meaningful phrase has kept popping in my mind, which is disquieting indeed. I am still trying to figure out whether the tragic stampede in Pasig, the shocking shabu supermarket there discovered, the landslides in Quezon, Southern Leyte and Zamboanga del Sur, to name only a few disasters, are, in any way, manifestations of being bypassed by the "Revolution."

The revolution referred to in that provocative Mexican adage is not their anti-colonial independence movement that ended Spanish rule in 1821, but the social revolution that took place from 1910 – 1917. Bloody and violent as it was, the structural gains of the Mexican revolution were institutionalized into a sui generis system that sustained economic development for at least three decades and guaranteed political stability for about seventy-five years. In the case of EDSA 1, most of those who participated in "people power" have stopped calling it a revolution, twenty years later. Although multitudes (including the middle class) joined hands with the military to deal the final blow that ended a dictatorship, and, even if a revolutionary government ruled for seventeen months, no essential transformation has taken place. Now it is more than evident that most of its lofty and noble goals have remained unfulfilled. The changes brought about by EDSA 1 ( and EDSA 2 for that matter) were more cosmetic than systemic so today there are innumerable areas of concern that are still being bypassed by revolutionary winds.

In St. Bernard, Southern Leyte, a survivor who was miraculously dragged out of the mud alive was interviewed by a jaded radio commentator. "So, what kind of help are you expecting from the government?" "Wala." (Nothing.) – was the victim’s ready answer. She said it softly, with the tranquility of a sage, with just a hint of resignation but without a trace of resentment or pent-up rage. To begin with, the media man’s query was somewhat moot and academic – why should she now expect anything from a government that has consistently bypassed her? I thought her candidness was absolutely devastating. With nothing more to lose or gain, with nothing to struggle for or fiercely defend, that woman has stopped waiting for "the revolution" in any manner or form. [email protected]

http://www.mb.com.ph/issues/2006/02/21/OPED2006022156845.html

·
woof! woof!
2,864 Posts
I would suggest the capital should be at the center of the Philippines but not in any big city or regions with huge industries. The Palawan, Panay, Bohol, Negros, Leyte and Samar Islands are the ideal cadidates.

·
i am megi
2,139 Posts
Nueva Capital de la IV República (La República Rizaliana de Filipinas) *una propuesta

Somewhere in the geographic center. Visayas of course--proximity to both northern and southern ends Luzon and Mindanao. also where Visayan people are majority cos they really are majority. Probably in Cebu Island (in a small town in the northern or southern tip of the island that shall undergo modern town planning and shall be renamed--RIZALIA (after the Father of the Republic). Cebu island cos that's where it all started--First Capital of the Empire, the Cradle of Catholic and Hispanic Filipino civilization.

1 - 20 of 7929 Posts