SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Tea. Earl grey. Hot.
3,348 Posts
8 Frigging buildings!

If it is new it better be great.

Edit that. "Tower Hamlets Council". I take it'll be blocky then.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
The eight buildings will be in on one podium so it could be uninspirational. The most important bit here is the conclusion - affordable housing has been resolved but the application cannot be fully supported until TfL are satisfied with the proposal and the percentage of renewable energy is clarified and justified, and also uses fronting the dock need to be revised.

·
Most ignored user!
354 Posts
I thought orange and brown went out in the 70's. Surely that wont be allowed!! I think the recent lot of approvals have made developers try and see what they can actually get away with. That thing would probably be the worst nuilding in the area if it got built.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is this in CW?

OMG another shit design for the area if it is.

What is going on where is EH when you need them. The desgin is OK and looks very economical but the colour is very dearing but i quite like the low rise building, if built anything like that then it would look quite interesting at ground level

·
Large Member
1,128 Posts
Is this holland? Do we wear purple jeans? No, neither should we allow Euro style monstrosities like that to appear in our capital city. It's truly disgusting.

·
Banned
1,908 Posts
Fragmentor said:
yes, that bit is very un-inspirational
I like it. Forumers are hard to please sometimes - we spend all our time moaning about uniform glass buildings in Canary Wharf, then someone tries something a bit different and people throw their toys out of the pram. Europeans build some quite nice buildings you know.

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
I think the tower is nice shape but with no colour whatso ever, on the other hand a fairly simple looking low rise section had been ruined with brown and orange.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts