SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I have only been in the Phoenix area three years, I can thoroughly see that the demographics are changing fast. Especially noticeable is the rapidly expanding Asian population here in the southeast valley. Arizona Avenue and Ray as well as Dobson and Warner in Chandler have seen upstarts of Korean, Chinese, and other East Asian businesses. When I first moved here, only forty (excluding myself) students in a school of nearly three thousand were asian! Now, that number has greatly increased (exact numbers unknown), and this growth is even noticeable when in shopping centers or public areas where a larger percentage are asian! There are now more asians than hispanics in my school, and ASU has seen our numbers increase greatly as well.

I am curious to know if this influx has been felt in other predominately non-asian communities of the southwest or inland regions of California.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
My aunt and all parts of her family, some from Atlanta and some from Santa Barbara, CA area move to Phoenix's suburb of Gilbert.... for a better job opportunity

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gilbert is where the lot of the growth seems to be happening. The southeastern area, which is gilbert and chandler has huge growth. But hopefully that growth will eventually envelope much of the valley. Keep your fingers crossed!

·
Sara je vo(Sarah is bull)
1,251 Posts
umm I'm half asian and we have a whole bunch of Asian people in scottsdale, you can deff notice it. And we have been getting more and more korean, japanese, chinese vietnamese. and we have a lot of Indians (from India) as well.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^Yeah, I am going to be working at a Korean restaurant, and there are tons of people wanting to know when we open. It is the first Chodang franchise in AZ, and the only one (i think) not in california!! This is very exciting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts