SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The results of the public competition for the construction of the new shopping-leisure-business centre in Košice (so called Aupark) has been announced for about three weeks. The complex will have around 55.000 sq.m of available space and will be situated just cca. 1,5 km from the historical centre of Kosice.

Here are the renderings:

The winner

Other proposals:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The main role of this centre is to create the leisure, relax centre with a lot of services. Aupark will not be a hypermarket, on the contrary, it is counted with smaller number of the boutiques and small shops, but with a large number of restaurants, cafees, sporting, bowlings and squash centres, several movie scenes, including IMAX cinema. The part of the centre will be also the administrative and lodging facilities. In two stories of the complex will be underground garage will be at disposal 1300 parking slots. The highest structure will be 12 stories highrise. (due to the proximity to the centre, original height was up to 20 stories). Built area is up to 3 hectares.
Total investment is about 2 mld. of Sk (slovak crowns), cca. 56 mil. Euro.
Developer is Slovak company HB Reavis, which developed the project of Bratislava Apollo Business centre, the biggest business centre in the country.

The winner comes from Igor Mazuch architect company. On the roof of cca. 1/3 of the area (the winning project) will be a park. The glassed promenade will connect the reastaurants and leisure part. Under the park will be situated the leisure and sporting facilities.

Still, not so bad is the project from Jozef Ondrias and Marius Zitnansky:

If I would choose, my vote will be splitted between these two proposals. What is your opinion?

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,380 Posts
^^^
it had a nice round tower and plain looking lowrise but still transparent while thw winner has extremely boring tower which I wouldn`t even notice if I visited Kosice and quite not modern mall. So if I visited Kosice and saw http://www.archinet.sk/Galeria/Images/obsah/vystava36/4-1357GRPLC-1.jpg I would say wow this is nice and if I saw the winner proposal probably would say: "When was this built? 1980s?"

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it depends. Anyway, the proposal you liked does not have an accessible park on the top... The proposal from Jozef Ondrias and Marius Zitnansky is more unconventional, that´s why I like it. I am not advocating the winner for everz price, but it has a glass ball structure just behind the tower, so this will make even the tower more interesting.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
New Aupark Visualisations

The long waiting for definitively look of Kosice Aupark going to be repayed. New visualisations from Londons BENOY has been presented Feb. 23th. Start of the construction is awaiting in 2 years. My opinion is, that this, new Aupark has absolutely best project of all Auparks in Slovakia and cannot be compare with foregoing project. My concern about next appearance of Osloboditelov square has definitively vanishde.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.