SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
33,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got sent these lovely renderings
first up is 122 leadenhall from the monument, would look even more impressive with 20-24 bishopsgate in there and 110 bishopsgate.

lime street looks like the dogs bollocks. flat roof now as you can see but apart from that very similar to before. see how it steps up just like lloyds of london does, clever that.

broadgate tower, a slice of honkers straight to london. i love how the sections sweep away from each other.

·
Large Member
1,127 Posts
I agree. Definately needs to lose a few pounds, no fat girls in the city...slim and sexy please.

·
Registered
11,603 Posts
122 looks fantastic- so does 51 lime st in fact- hell they all look great, although I kind of agree about 201, it does seem really massive & clunky. I think that lower element needs to lose the top section so its at the same level as most of the other buildings on Bisopsgate.

Would love to see an oficial rendering with them all in from waterloo bridge.

Its also amazing that all these buildings are from one company & that 2 of them will be rising this year (thats if 201 sails through the planning system without an probs).

·
Registered
225 Posts
201 Bishopsgate is the same height as the other Broadgate buildings, it just looks taller from that angle. Also note that 201 has roughly the same floor area as Broadgate Tower, but the different floorplate sizes appeal to different tenants. It needs to be that fat because of the Background Consultation Area which cuts straight through the site... make it any thinner along that side and it wouldn't be viable.

I don't think there are any fully-rendered views from Waterloo Bridge... most feature some towers rendered and some wireline.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Great pics! Is the position of 122 in the first picture correct? I know its site is confusing, it looks as if it is on the site of the former P&O building but I thought it was behind this building and the black building adjacent to the west.

·
Registered
18,396 Posts
Sweet renders! Especially 122 & lime st. The obesity of broadgate Tower needs some getting used to but still fantastic. :cheers:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sum wiked pic's Goth. But im scared.....for some strange reason the 122...wont get built! is that a possibility? -- 51 lime looks so f-in strong

·
Registered
707 Posts
Why wouldn't it get built? I don't know how long it will take to clear out the existing tenets and demolish the building, but I think all legal obsticles are cleared.

·
Against ID Cards
9,799 Posts
Superb renderings there. Cheers gothic. Lime Street looks fantastic now and has really grown on me although I must admit Broadgate tower doesn't look so good from those angles.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Black Cat - the renders are all visually verified, so yes they are perfectly accurate. 122 is on the site of the P&O building. All of these renders, btw, can be found in the planning documents submitted with the applications. There are dozens more if you want to go and have a look.

There is of course a possibility that 122 isn't built... if it doesn't get a pre-let. But if it does, it'll be built.

·
Banned
14,132 Posts
Britannia said:
All of these renders, btw, can be found in the planning documents submitted with the applications. There are dozens more if you want to go and have a look.
:uh: :drool: Okay, where are the planning documents??

·
Registered
225 Posts
In the City of London planning department, at Guildhall. Just phone up and ask to look at them in advance, say you want to see the whole lot including Design Statement and Environmental Statement, and they'll bring it out for you. Easy peasy.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts