SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I Love You, Myself.
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

So I always wonder do they still built buildings with old fashionable architecture? like those in paris? london? etc

Well if you have any example can you please post it?

Thanks everyone!

·
I Love You, Myself.
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ Cool

But i'm talking about something more new like the end of the 90's and 2000's

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Yeah, there's quite a lot of pastiche architecture in the Paris area. I don't really like them though, they look pretentious yet cheap. One of the biggest problems is the materials being used.

·
I Love You, Myself.
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^ Wow those in the Netherlands are awesome! especially the brick ones :cheers:

I don't like those in Paris looks fake there's nothing more like haussmann style? or is impossible to built something exactly the same today?

·
I Love You, Myself.
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found this one in the architecture forum I think they did a marvelous job

Posted by: OakRidge

Schermerhorn Symphony Center- Nashville (U.S)

Construction: 2003 finished summer 2006

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
^^ Wow those in the Netherlands are awesome! especially the brick ones :cheers:

I don't like those in Paris looks fake there's nothing more like haussmann style? or is impossible to built something exactly the same today?
There is an obvious problem with materials. The buildings you call "haussmanian" were made of stone, not cement like these cheap neo-haussmanian buildings which look like they were made for a Disneyland theme park (ironically, some of these were actually built as a residential area right next to Disneyland Paris). Ironically there are many other forms of - more humble - older architecture in the Paris area which could be reproduced by using cement and who wouldn't look so tacky and out of place.

In the south of France, there is also another form of cheap "neo-provencal" architectural used to built villas. Promoters sometimes bring the style to cities where local architecture used to be very different such as Lyon or . They even build these kind of houses as far north as the city of Nantes (a city which is on the same latitude as Zurich :crazy:)

·
I Love You, Myself.
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is an obvious problem with materials. The buildings you call "haussmanian" were made of stone, not cement like these cheap neo-haussmanian buildings which look like they were made for a Disneyland theme park (ironically, some of these were actually built as a residential area right next to Disneyland Paris). Ironically there are many other forms of - more humble - older architecture in the Paris area which could be reproduced by using cement and who wouldn't look so tacky and out of place.

In the south of France, there is also another form of cheap "neo-provencal" architectural used to built villas. Promoters sometimes bring the style to cities where local architecture used to be very different such as Lyon or . They even build these kind of houses as far north as the city of Nantes (a city which is on the same latitude as Zurich :crazy:)
Ugh those houses are extremely ugly! very american not my style

but why they don't use stone anymore? I know is more expensive but I think is the correct way to built these type of buildings

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Ugh those houses are extremely ugly! very american not my style

but why they don't use stone anymore? I know is more expensive but I think is the correct way to built these type of buildings
It's more expensive and there aren't as many quarry and professionals who know how to use them as before where they were common for the expensive buildings.

·
I Love You, Myself.
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's more expensive and there aren't as many quarry and professionals who know how to use them as before where they were common for the expensive buildings.
:(

What a shame here in Medellín we have 2 huge palaces but they are unfinished and I guess we have the same problem there's no many professionals so those buildings can't be finished

·
Super Moderator
21,833 Posts
Probably the majority of newly built detached and attached homes in the UK are some sort of pastiche style. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Siam Nakarin Shopping Center, Hat Yai City, Thailand

สยามนครินทร์แบบไร้สายไฟครั​บ คนหน้าห้างเยอะดี ดูอลังการดาวล้านดวงมากขึ้น​ครับ ณ วันที่ 7/7/55 เวลา 15.30 น.

ถ่ายโดยคุณ : Jamescheckin ครับ

1 - 20 of 21 Posts