SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Oh! There he is!!
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cracked me bloomin screen gawddammit and need a new one pronto but i know nothing about things like this

compact huge zoom (dig and optical) SD card compatible needed

any ideas of what you would recommend?

muchos thanks people

x c

·
Proud European
6,473 Posts
I know someone at work who got a nikon compact to replace a canon and was hugely disappointed. Wished he'd stuck with canon.

The lumix shout is a good one, even if you don't got top whack! Someone else at my head office bought one - it's a fantastic camera.

Mind you, D40 is an SLR so you're in a different plane maybe...

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't go for the D40. Not yet anyway. The compatible autofocus lenses are way too expensive so at least wait for them to come down in price (which will be a while) before shelling out for that particular generation of Nikon camera.

I agree about Lumix, it is a fantastic camera and is definitely worth the money. Sony Cybershot cameras are also very good and not as pricey but the build quality is pretty shoddy at times. I would definitely recommend it still after using one that my friend had (before he dropped it and broke it). The zoom on the H series is massive. On the smaller, more compact series', the zoom ranges between 3x, and 5x.

Nikon aren't very good at compact point and shoots. They have lots of features but they usually lend themselves to poorer quality images.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts