SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miami needs one...preferably downtown.
The current one that exists in the Grove might as well be compared to a 7-11.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I agree it should be downtown, in the general area of the Steven P Clarke center (county government) and the court house buildings on the western edge of downtown by I-95. It would make a lot more sense to have it in the center of the city rather than at the City's southern edge in Coconut Grove.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Agreed.
Miami could also use a nice central downtown park like Boston or New York. Not one directly on the bay but more to the interior of the CBD. A formal park with lots of shade and fountains.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
i thought that the building that they were building by the river was going to become city hall but it never did

·
Savior of Gondor
1,505 Posts
Miami could build a multi use city hall with condo and condo hotel rooms above, office in middle and floor level retail and restaurant... ok they really do need to have a world class city hall for a world class city. The old city hall is quaint,a and I think maybe they should make a museum out of it rather than sell and destroy it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
^ Being a government building, I'm sure security issues would prevent a government/residential building from being built. Entering the Stephen P. Clark Government Center (County Hall) requires passing through metal detectors and X-ray machines.

I do agree that city hall should be downtown, in the government center area.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
a nice miami city hall would be great... but remember, that the city of miam is relatively small, and if its offices can fit in that tiny building in the grove, how big can a new city hall downtown possibly b? especially compared to county hall

·
Registered
140 Posts
The City of Miami's departments (i.e., the Administrative branch) work out of the City of Miami Administration Building on SW 2nd Ave by the river. Plus the City police HQ is just north of County Hall. The City Hall building in Coconut Grove is where city commission chamber is and it is the location of the mayor's office..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts