Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving by the Experience Music Project and I saw what looked like several new buildings being built. I think it was the block bordered by Broad, Harrison, Republican, and 5th Ave N.

I don't have a picture. Does anyone have any idea what's being built? Whatever it was, it looked big.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I think they have very strict zoning (height) requirements around Space Needle. In this case I agree it shouldn't be too high to block the needle view. :cheers:
But it could be a little higher without blocking the Space Needle. The height limits surrounding the Needle are almost oppressive--the Gates Foundation buildings could be four storeys higher without blocking the precious Needle. Of course, even at ten storeys, it might block the renovated visitor's centre at the bottom of the Needle, and this would stir the NIMBYs into a self-righteous, cosmic inferno of raging, noxious flames, like a gigantic quasar spewing gas and dust from its black hole, since not only is the Needle's beloved trinket shop being blocked, but their vintage, honky-tonk strip malls are being torn town and replaced with shops that actually face the sidewalk and are topped with places where people can live without having to pay over $200 per month for a scrap of metal just to get around and do everyday errands.

·
Correspondent
8,276 Posts
But it could be a little higher without blocking the Space Needle. The height limits surrounding the Needle are almost oppressive--the Gates Foundation buildings could be four storeys higher without blocking the precious Needle. Of course, even at ten storeys, it might block the renovated visitor's centre at the bottom of the Needle, and this would stir the NIMBYs into a self-righteous, cosmic inferno of raging, noxious flames, like a gigantic quasar spewing gas and dust from its black hole, since not only is the Needle's beloved trinket shop being blocked, but their vintage, honky-tonk strip malls are being torn town and replaced with shops that actually face the sidewalk and are topped with places where people can live without having to pay over $200 per month for a scrap of metal just to get around and do everyday errands.
breathe.......

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
This picture here:

Shows three buildings. However, the land the third one is to be built on will soon be pinched off by 6th ave when they re-do the Aurora portal. Are they still planning for the third offce?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts