Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The Tropics of Canada
5,066 Posts
I miss living in Edmonton , not because of weather , but construction . It must be fun to go around every corner and see something new beeing put up . :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Excellent, I love how they have the ground level units as well. That'll fit in nicely with the 112/113 st area.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Thats great news! For us Edmonton morons where are all these streets? I find ave/street system bloody confusing especially because they don't start from zero and work their way out. Is it possible to say where it is near, like Jasper in Oliver or near an LRT, Stoney Plain. Something with a reference.
From what you just said, for me, that conso could be anywhere from Jasper/Stoney Plain to Clairview.
All these condo's in Edmonton i have no idea where they are? All the pics of Edmonton show the skyline which doesn't help to find the new construction.
Does anyone have a aerial of Edmonton in 2005 so I can sorta get a grasp of where all this develpoment is??? Or atleast give me a link. But it would have to be a new photo from all the construction going on as it must be changing a lot.
Thank You........SSIGUY2, AKA Edmonton Map Moron

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Are there any community webpages. ie downtown, oliver, railtown. I don't know where one starts and the other finishes. What do you call the area north of downtown near NAIT. Area along StoneyPlain RD? The area near the farmers market. Are these where all this develpoment is going? ...............HELP!

·
Mr. Haney(Cruz) for Pres.
2,644 Posts
Beautiful building!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ssiguy2 said:
Are there any community webpages. ie downtown, oliver, railtown. I don't know where one starts and the other finishes. What do you call the area north of downtown near NAIT. Area along StoneyPlain RD? The area near the farmers market. Are these where all this develpoment is going? ...............HELP!

"downtown" 97st to 111st from 97ave to 104ave
"oliver" 112st to 124st from 99ave to 104ave
"railtown" jasper to 104ave from 110st-111st

www.edmonton.ca - go to visitors - maps

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks anyway. I went to the site and downloaded the neccessary software but still didn't get the map. Got the pedway map but not much use, o well.
I'll just assume downtown means everthing between the airport and river valley.

·
Urbis Plannerus
328 Posts
Mock said:
Oh I see, the viewing is at the dots warehouse... -_-
You got it!

What a step in the right direction, however, this proposal has a slim chance of getting approved by the SDAB (Subdivision and Development Appeal Board). They'll be going with a rezoning on this one methinks.

·
Urbis Plannerus
328 Posts
ssiguy2 said:
The developers are requesting a variance to exceed the FAR (Floor Area Ratio) and density requirements under the existing zoning. In this case, they are practically proposing double the FAR and density, which constitutes a 'major' variance which is hard to justify. In the end, they'll probably land up rezoning the property, which takes some time and involves the public.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Very nice! I like that high density area along Jasper Avenue to the west of the city. Be great as more big condo developments open in the core. I like Edmonton's downtown and the more lively it gets the better.

Anyway know whats happening with the big Station Land towers???? Are they going up or what?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^they are approved and awaiting a large tenant commitment. It will be a little longer for them to kick off i believe.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Right on! Thanks for the update. Lets hope they get that commitment soon. Be nice to see Edmonton's skyline with a few more cranes. Its a great city with lots of potential to be even greater.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts