SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Superb!!! Your photos always show me something new; be it a angle, building, scene, whatever. Its cool to get to see so much of a city. Thanks for all the great work you put into showing the rest of us your fantastic city!

·
BOOMIN
468 Posts
WOW.. I just love all of them photos.. they are so great.. Louisville is a magnificient city to photograph b/c I have been taking pics on my digital here lately but not able to load them yet...

·
President of Catan
2,282 Posts
Man, just saw this really old thread and I have decided these MUST be seen. Some incredible shots in here!!
GORGEOUS

Though I suppose this should be in the southern forum but lets just put that asside and appreciate the photos. :eek:kay:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wow, quite impressive. The composition of all of these is simply excellent!

I love the photo of the guy with the backpack walking across the road. The crooked lines in the street and the stains in the asphalt add so much texture to the photo.

Great work.

·
Cory
3,403 Posts
Great pics!

Louisville has some great opportunities for conversion of pre-WWI buildings to be condos. I wish Indy had the amount that L'Ville has. Most of ours are along Mass Ave and S. Meridian (of which condos are in all now)!

I know it isn't shown here, but am I the only one who hates the Humana Building? I just don't like it AT ALL.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Wow! Can I just tell you how COOL those are! Thoroughly enjoyed. :)

·
BOOMIN
468 Posts
i love the humana building..... beautiful piece of architecture...

by the way im goin to the conrad to stay in april, it looks really nice.

·
Banned
795 Posts
cwilson758 said:
Great pics!

Louisville has some great opportunities for conversion of pre-WWI buildings to be condos. I wish Indy had the amount that L'Ville has. Most of ours are along Mass Ave and S. Meridian (of which condos are in all now)!

I know it isn't shown here, but am I the only one who hates the Humana Building? I just don't like it AT ALL.

Pre WWII? Try Pre WWI, and in many cases, pre Civil War!!! Louisville has the largest collection of cast iron front buildings outside NYC. Many of the buildings are now lofts and condos, and some of the ones he took pics of are being worked on as condo conversions right now. You really havent been here in awhile obviously, if ever at all (I still contend you havent seen most the city). Specifically, one of those pics shows these lofts:

http://www.mercantilelofts.com/ and these: eastmarketlofts.com. On the other side of them are hundreds more lofts and condos already going in. New restaurants and art galleries are all over east market and main, and most of the buildings on main street between preston and 9th street (about 12 blocks) have been rehabbed (either for office, condo, or retail) except for one block, which is slated to become condos.

·
Cory
3,403 Posts
and I contend that you don't know how to read! If you look, I wrote "pre-WWI." Not "-II," BUT, "-I." AMAZING.
Of which, I specifically was refering to this pics :

Please, do not tell me that these are currently being converted, because it is obvious from the pic that they are not!

AGAIN, I complement and you just can't take it.

As for going to the "Ville," I have been there many many many times. I spent my "gay youth" inside of Connections and have friends with a boat on the River.

·
President of Catan
2,282 Posts
This thread was made back in May and um, most of these pictures were taken last summer/fall it appears. esp Seeing as the last couple pictures are of Light up Louisville 04... which is a Christmas event.... Those could very well be under renovation now, I really don't know though because I'm not certain which exact stretch of buildings that is.
Um but gych, you need to chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill. He said Louisville had some good potential and envied it. I appreciate the fact that it was noted and enjoyed the compliment.
And ooooo Connections. >_>
I have some friends that frequent Connections... Not my scene. hah

1 - 19 of 19 Posts