Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'm impressed by how GREEN Bayfront Parks looks, and it also appears Museum Park got Greener since the last google image was taken too. It's refreshing to see how much the city's changed in the past few years by comparing the before and after.

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Thats not a UM game but I wonder what it is? UM's crowds weren't THAT bad lol.
I think the photo was likely a few hours before a kickoff as you can see plenty of cars parked around the OB and some people (presumably players warming up) on the field. Could have been taken well after a game, too, but the field doesn't look too chewed up.

Agreed they had some feeble crowds but I think they drew more than 300 people...:lol:

·
Savior of Gondor
1,505 Posts
Guys I am guessing that is after a game. I mean look at the cars. We all know people would park as close as possible and not all over like that, but people dont all leave at the same time. For all we know its a practice.

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
If we wanted to get REALLY anal retentive I guess we could figure out the time of day (and whether it was before or after a game) from the angle of the shadows but that's pretty geeky even by SSC standards...:lol:

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
lmao. it's before noon, the skyscrapers shadows are directed NW.
LOL...I knew somebody here would clarify the time of day based on the shadows. Now I realize that "geek" is considered a slur in many instances but not here at SSC. It's a basic requirement for posting, in fact. You, sir, win "Geek of the Day" honors...:lol:

·
Registered
589 Posts
By going up and down the streets and avenues of Miami-Dade on strreet view thiis area is definitely the palm tree capital of America. I have never seen so many varieties of palms where the Royals seems to be the majority. I love it,you can never have too many palm trees in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
LOL...I knew somebody here would clarify the time of day based on the shadows. Now I realize that "geek" is considered a slur in many instances but not here at SSC. It's a basic requirement for posting, in fact.
Hmm, I don’t know if I’m smart enough to be considered a geek:lol:

·
Banned
1,659 Posts
I narrowed down the date a bit more. Look at Downtown Miami, then look for Miami-Dade college Wolfson Campus (NE 4th street & NE 2nd Ave). You will see many colorful tents lining the streets. It is the Miami Book Fair. My guess is that it was the book fair of either last year or the year before but that is just a guess.

The book fair is held every year around the 4 or 5 of November till the 10 or 11 (more or less).

So now we know the time of day, before noon due to the shadows. We also know more or less the day and the month. We just need to know the year now.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts