SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken from Labour manifesto....

http://a4.g.akamai.net/7/4/15010/1/...15010/manifesto_13042005_a3/pdf/manifesto.pdf

We are now taking charge of setting the strategy for rail to further raise
the standard of service and reliability.We will examine options for
increasing capacity, including a new generation of high-speed trains
on intercity routes and a new life for rural branch lines as community
railways.We are committed to continuing to work to develop a funding
and finance solution for the Crossrail project; and will look at the feasibility
and affordability of a new North-South high-speed link.

·
Kebab Licker
3,163 Posts
and will look at the feasibility
and affordability of a new North-South high-speed link.
"We will consider contemplating looking at thinking about possibly considering a North-South high speed link.

Maybe."

·
Rock Lord
12,957 Posts
Another good post Nobby.

What I liked about Ken Livingstone's manifesto last year was it stated facts, I have done this, I have done that.

The Labour Government and probably the other parties (Labour are the one's that matter as they probably forming the next government) are making alot of vague promises.

I would like to see them say we have built this and we will build this - instead as Blunther is saying, we are getting maybe's - which mean nothing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At least Manchester's £520 million for the Metrolink is in there as an election pledge now. I know they'd promised it, but it's a lot harder to withdraw it once you put it into a manifesto in black and white.

·
Registered
350 Posts
There's not really any point making generalisations either way. This labour govenment is incredibly slippery and has broken alot of 'promises' it had made in past manifestos. It's also kept to a great deal of what they have written. Lets hope the metrolink promise is kept.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts