SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Must have been March this year judging from LaTour and Island House. Also shows all the developments going on. Library, Snowhill, Park. There are also huge areas of the city centre which are run down and could be redeveloped and be great. Look at that massive area between Severn Street and Bath Row.

Birmingham - #1
I'll work on my anger issues, one day. 馃馃従
Here's my quote form the other thread, if you guys want to see what these look like from above now, Google Earth is good to use to look at how it compares to the last shots.

Google have updated the aerial view of the City Centre. We now have Hotel La Tour, Hive, The Cube, Spiceal Street, Snowhill 2, The new Library, Digbeth Coach Station, Eastside Park outline, Aston Uni outline and even Morrisons at Five Ways. But we don't have Island House no more!

Selly Oak New Road, Longbridge and the new retirement homes on Hagley Road all show

Banned
The fact Brum is updated but Tamworth isn't means my car is on there twice, outside my old and new house.
Nokia Maps is more up to date for Tamworth. The Hotel at the Snowdome is on.

http://nok.it/DFsvh (Change view to Satellite in the top right hand corner - And Check out their 3D view of London - not as many cities in 3D as Google, but what they have is incredible quality, but you need 4Gb of ram and a decent graphics card)

Registered
Not strictly on topic, bit I was passed by a Google street view camera car this afternoon in the Jewellery Quarter.

Shame it wasn't a brighter day - Birmingham's going to continue to look a little grey on Google Maps then.

Registered
Going to look even worse if they've gone through the City Centre with all the roadworks
has anybody else ever managed to find themselves on Google Street View? I have....

this is me with my [now] husband and crazy girl we don't talk to anymore on Station Road, Northfield. Think it about 3 years ago now

ENTJ 8w9
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I saw the drones fly over in formation a good 2-3 months ago and again last week. They're not hard to miss, 4 small UAV's flying in circles. Microsoft have some too.

Registered
When ios6 is released apple have added Birmingham to the flyover mode on the new apple maps, so that should be interesting to see later this year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts