SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visited New Hampshire for the first time. Did some hiking and saw some attractions.

One of the most beautiful and pleasant places I've ever been to. American "Switzerland" but better. The pics are all quite random, but that's all in the White Mountains general area of New Hampshire. The villages/towns that I've visited were: North Conway, Berlin, Franconia, Littleton, Jackson and some other.

The most polite people I've ever met. Almost makes me want to move there. Very tidy villages, excellent restaurants, breathtaking mountains.

Inside an 1898 first class pullman train car

I didn't take a lot of pictures because nature, in my opinion, has to be experienced by physically being there, the pictures don't do it justice.

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yes, the only organisms that thrive there are those that live on rocks, like Xanthoria elegans, which may even survive on Mars. It's a pretty extreme place - fastest wind ever recorded by man was witnessed there. If you descend a thousand feet or more you see very beautiful micro-trees, specifically adapted to high alpine survival.

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have some more made with a phone from this trip. But New England is quite big, where are you going? :)

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen quite a few covered bridges in New Hampshire, they're everywhere. Not sure about Jackson, I did walk over this bridge there:

The most famous covered bridge, I think, was in the Franconia park, where there is a hiking trail within the Flume Gorge. They call them kissing bridges, because it provided a convenient environment for such activities :smug:

The last picture is not mine, the source for the picture is: http://www.gorges-to-visit.com/FlumeGorge.html

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

1 - 9 of 9 Posts