Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
in action
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today was announced than Telecommunication company "Lietuvos telekomas" is going to sell 8 administrative buildings in Vilnius and build a highrise in the right bank of river Neris (New City Center). Some data that is known:

Total floor: 20,000 m2
Number of emplyees: 700 to 1000
Start of construction: Spring 2006
End of construction: Summer 2007
Height: unknown, but definetely a highrise.

Most possible location (in place of the commie building, pic by Geex)

:cheers:

·
in action
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So for now we know about these towers for NCC:

1. U/C Center of Registers up to 28 fl
2. U/C Vyrokas apartments ~23 fl
3. Hansabank building ~18 fl
4. "Kvartalas" Tower 31 fl
5. "Telecom" Tower >12 fl
6. 2nd Kvartalas Tower 12 fl

Sounds great :eek:kay:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Mantaz said:
So for now we know about these towers for NCC:

1. U/C Center of Registers up to 28 fl
2. U/C Vyrokas apartments ~23 fl
3. Hansabank building ~18 fl
4. "Kvartalas" Tower 31 fl
5. "Telecom" Tower >12 fl

Sounds great :eek:kay:

great news, could you give me a link with renders of those towers, I wonder what they look like

·
in action
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Edd> Gee, thx, never notice that building ;)

delfin_pl said:
great news, could you give me a link with renders of those towers, I wonder what they look like
Sure.

"Kvartalas" project and Vyrokas (the semi-circle one). 1,2 are mentioned highrises, 6 - a commieblcok to be renewed

Hansabank is making a decision on the design. So could be this

or

And the Center of Registers

·
Banned
748 Posts
Btw telecom has 40 000 m^2 of office space in Vilnius now. They will build new ~20 000 m^2 office and they will not sell all their old buildings, they will leave 10 000 m^2 of space in old building/buildings. Their current main building in Newtown (Naujamiestis) district:

·
in action
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ch1le said:
dam you guys are sick! congratz though, lets see if you beat our 14 (70m+) highrises by 2007 plan in Tallinn's CBD ;)
CBD? You mean CRD? :D (j/k)

Btw, can you list those highrises, because AFAIK there were less than that :|

·
always on
4,839 Posts
well, it hopefully by current plans will be 14 imho, with the current highrises (olümpia, viru, city, maakri, sas and union included) if we add tornimäe 1, tornimäe 2, then tartu mnt 15(35F), then the one next to olümpia(max 30), then the 40 storey lennuki corner, then the 40 storey on Tartu mnt 17, then a 30 storey building on tartu mnt 25/25a, then another 30 storey building on maakri 19/21, then a 19 storey one on maakri 34 then a 24 storey building on maakri 24/22

these are not mearly visions they are projects and plans currently in the hands of city planners waiting for approval ;)

i listed 11 new buildings, if we add the existing six we get a total of 17 HIGH highrises in CBD by hopefully 2008/09

·
Banned
748 Posts
Well, I think I said it sometime ago but still: I think that NCC of Vilnius is not going to be a tough competitor in terms of skyline for other capitals - Riga and Tallinn. I doubt if even 28 floor register center will be approved (it'll most probably be lowered to some ~24 floors). I think that NCC will not have tall towers - it'll be massive and short. ;) But it'll be bigger than e.g. new district in Tallinn (not sure about Riga though) - it's obvious, there are more people, more companies in Lithuania than in Estonia (population of Lithuania is ~2.6 times bigger).

·
in action
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^^ Won't be a competitor? ATM it is a tough competitor and possibly the best skyline in the region. There there are no signs that the development of NCC would stop. In other words, height doesn't mean everything.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts