SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Renovated old capital hotel in Baton Rouge is soon to become new renovated Hilton Hotel. Downtown Baton Rouge, Louisiana is making a comeback. The city, with a metro population approaching 800,000 is probably one of the most unrecognzed growing cities in the South. Baton Rouge is much larger than many realize.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think Baton Rouge is on the verge of making waves. Downtown is full of new construction, including the incredible Shaw Center for the Performing Arts. Unfortunately, there's no shortage of sprawl, either.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drove thru Downtown Baton Rouge last night...My sister had a baby yesteday at Women's Hospital. Baton Rouge looked pretty nice. Driving at the routine 70 mph, the suburbs of New Orleans and the suburbs of Baton Rouge are about a half an hour apart... Baton Rouge has less population, but, it is close to being spread out as much as New Orleans, although, New Orleans is much more dense with its' population base.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.