Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Renovated old capital hotel in Baton Rouge is soon to become new renovated Hilton Hotel. Downtown Baton Rouge, Louisiana is making a comeback. The city, with a metro population approaching 800,000 is probably one of the most unrecognzed growing cities in the South. Baton Rouge is much larger than many realize.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think Baton Rouge is on the verge of making waves. Downtown is full of new construction, including the incredible Shaw Center for the Performing Arts. Unfortunately, there's no shortage of sprawl, either.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drove thru Downtown Baton Rouge last night...My sister had a baby yesteday at Women's Hospital. Baton Rouge looked pretty nice. Driving at the routine 70 mph, the suburbs of New Orleans and the suburbs of Baton Rouge are about a half an hour apart... Baton Rouge has less population, but, it is close to being spread out as much as New Orleans, although, New Orleans is much more dense with its' population base.

·
Registered
249 Posts
damn, i didnt know this, this is wonderful news., but i think they should just turn the old capitol into a museum to preserve the history instead of some cheap hotel

·
Registered
95 Posts
Umm... charm... he was referring to the renovations of the Heidelburg and Capital House Hotel.

Not the Louisiana Old State Capitol building. It is a museum.

:bash:

·
Registered
249 Posts
oh, sorry........

yea i know what building that is. i actually had a meeting in the old state cap. for the young dems. of america when i was undergrad at tulane.

·
jupiter
344 Posts
Looks like a nice renovation on a building with some great character.

BTW, from what I have seen online the Shaw Center is really going to be a cool addition to Baton Rouge.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a pic of the $55 Million Shaw Center For the Arts in Downtown Baton Rouge..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts