Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Majestic Hotel has been one of the most talk about project in Melaka lately but not many has received any info bout it till i bought the Magazine 'FuturArc' last week:)

The project consist of a refurbished prewar 1920s building and a brand new 10 story building behind it.Design theme is based on Baba Nyonya heritage.I was told that the room rates will be starting from RM900++ onwards.What's more,its owned by YTL.

The following are the project site plan, elevation and the ultra realistic renderings:D

Project Data:
Project Name - Majestic Hotel Malacca
Location - Lot 278 & 279, Jln Bunga Raya, Melaka
Expected Completion Date - December 2007
Site Area - 1,851 m2
Gross Floor Area - 4,222m2
Number of Rooms - 54
Client/Owner - YTL Hotels & Properties Sdn Bhd
Architecture Firm - GSD Architect
Principal Architect - Leong Yew Kooi
Project Architect - Zaidan Tahir
Main Contractor - Syarikat Pembenaan Yeoh Tiong Lay Sdn Bhd
M&E Engineer - CSL Jurutera Perunding
C&S Engineer - Perunding YSL Sdn Bhd

*Data quoted from FuturArc Magazine.

·
Registered
322 Posts
great sharing...D_Y2k.2^

completion Dec 2007? how's the progress so far?

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great sharing...D_Y2k.2^

completion Dec 2007? how's the progress so far?
This was taken around a 3 weeks ago.

I doubt that it can be completed soon.The building has topped up but they are still putting up bricks.I believe early 2008 will be a more realistic completion period.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome guys.I believe the building was intended to be 6 floors earlier like the info board stated and probably they changed when the building is still under construction

·
Banned
3,880 Posts
holy f**king shit!!:eek: what a lovely refurbishment project...but there is one thing..

the location seems unprofitable and a little bit....isolated. YTL, you better think carefully of what you are doing...:yes:

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
holy f**king shit!!:eek: what a lovely refurbishment project...but there is one thing..

the location seems unprofitable and a little bit....isolated. YTL, you better think carefully of what you are doing...:yes:
Hehehe..probably for now only.Shangrila is planning something big opposite the site and there'll be something coming up next to the hotel site as well:)

·
Registered
962 Posts
nice update , D_Y2k.2^
I love the building too..looks unique
But how come the completion date took so long ? december 2007 ?
I thought it would complete earlier..the progress looks like 80 % done already...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
haha..u actually counted how many storey the building are? me too .. :p
perhaps we should said it as 10 floor not 10 storey....

haha, yes coz i like to c malacca buildings goes as high as possible. About 15 storeys is high enuf. Tat hotel juz short of 4 storeys, but nevermind lah, the building look pretty unique.

·
Registered
962 Posts
haha, yes coz i like to c malacca buildings goes as high as possible. About 15 storeys is high enuf. Tat hotel juz short of 4 storeys, but nevermind lah, the building look pretty unique.
Haha..I recall that when I am young time, I used to count the height of Renainance hotel and Emperor hotel.Cause during that time, these 2 are the highest in the city....and now there still remain the highest building...hope in the future, melaka city centre will have one building over 30 storey...this will make the skyline looks even better.... :)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Haha..I recall that when I am young time, I used to count the height of Renainance hotel and Emperor hotel.Cause during that time, these 2 are the highest in the city....and now there still remain the highest building...hope in the future, melaka city centre will have one building over 30 storey...this will make the skyline looks even better.... :)
hmmm, let me guess...u r in ur 30's liao. I ask my many young frens and they dunno how malacca look like during the 80's.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts