SkyscraperCity banner

3361 - 3372 of 3372 Posts

·
DIPLOMAT
2,777 Posts
Can any one advice on the law and order situation in the city? Is it safe for couples to travel as tourists? I have plans to visit this city in July this year.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Can any one advice on the law and order situation in the city? Is it safe for couples to travel as tourists? I have plans to visit this city in July this year.
The city has been getting safer by the month. Last time I visited the city was 2015 and I was free to go anywhere I wanted, but I'm Somali origin. If I go by your avatar, you are not and that makes it bit trickier.

The terrorists are not after the average people. Most people get hurt because they happen to be terrorist target location

So, If you are not Somali origin, I would be careful and consult with the people in Mogadishu when you get there. I have seen many video of non-Somali people roaming around he city. You will see many Turkish working in the city without security personnel.

Good luck and be safe!

·
DIPLOMAT
2,777 Posts
Thanks! I have got great respect for Somali people and wish to learn the culture and see the places in real. Once Corona settles, will plan to travel in and around Somali. Thanks again for the advice :)

3361 - 3372 of 3372 Posts