SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The print edition of the Atlanta Business Chronicle has an article on Novare's latest announcement for "Gallery", a 26-story condo on the site that was once planned for the "Kensington". This will join their "Eclipse" and "Realm" projects in Buckhead. No renderings were provided. The article mentioned that sales for the Buckhead units remain strong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is with you guys? All of a sudden I am noticing a lot of moaning and groaning about the pragmatic designs of Novare and am blown away by it. These guys are single handedly reinvigorating some truly blighted areas, they are doing it without pricing the surrounding neighbors out. The designs might be a bit simplistic, but overall I find them very easy to look at, and as assets for the city. Be careful Atlantans, you wouldn't want to be responsible for creating a sentiment of these projects being unsightly. This developer, as far as I can see, is the best thing you've got going for you.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Its not about me said:
The print edition of the Atlanta Business Chronicle has an article on Novare's latest announcement for "Gallery", a 26-story condo on the site that was once planned for the "Kensington". This will join their "Eclipse" and "Realm" projects in Buckhead. No renderings were provided. The article mentioned that sales for the Buckhead units remain strong.
Does anybody have an address or cross-street on the Buckhead location for the "Gallery?" I have no idea where the "Kensington" was supposed to be built. Thanks.

@Austin: I agree with you to a certain extent, but I don't think any of us would want Novare to stop building their interesting projects, I think these guys are just joking about the repetiveness in their designs. I personally think Novare is a very "ballsy" company. How many developers would build a mixed use building with plans to put in their own boutique hotel, which they are planning with Twelve at Atlantic Station and at Centennial Hill?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nick,

The site is at the corner of Rumson Road and Peachtree Road. This is north of West Wesley and south of West Paces Ferry. It's in the same neighborhood as the "Phoenix" and "2828 Peachtree".

As for the name, I wonder if they plan to build on a marketing idea they have used for "Eclipse". As I understand it, Eclipse has large plasma screens in the lobby. When homeowners enter the lobby, the plasma screens display their pre-selected photographs of famous paintings. "Gallery" sounds like they may be building off of this theme.

·
jupiter
344 Posts
I am not going to complain about it until there is a rendering. Novare is fueling the market with product and much of that product is still under construction. Keep in mind this is the guy who renovated the Biltmore and converted Peachtree lofts.

·
Registered
420 Posts
starbuc jupiter said:
I am not going to complain about it until there is a rendering. Novare is fueling the market with product and much of that product is still under construction. Keep in mind this is the guy who renovated the Biltmore and converted Peachtree lofts.
Have you asked people who actually live in his buildings about the quality? He can build all he wants but if it is cheap junk that falls apart, then it is going to sour the market.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
@Aubie Turtle: I don't know! Maybe Borders at Novare has seen the light of day and is only building quality buildings now (dream on.) If he's not, those Twelve boutique hotels he plans on coming up with are going to become Motel 8s pretty fast!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
The hotels don't seem like too much of a risk to me. If they don't succeed, he can always convert them into condos.

Novare has a bunch of businesses (Biltmore communications, Novare Management, Novare Development, Novare Capital, Twelve Hotels, etc., etc., etc.). It appears he is stretching himself too thin and not paying attention to the details. We'll see how things work out in the end. Maybe they're learning from mistakes from each building, kind of like the first few model years of a new type of car. But if they let their reputation suffer and at the same time other developers start building intown, they can find it hard to compete.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
@AubieTurtle: Very good point. Especially, about being able to convert their "boutique hotel" into condos. Hey, if the Plaza Hotel in NYC can do it, I'm sure they can with these hotel rooms.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was thinking about possible purchasing a unit in a Novare project in the not-to-distant future......what type of shortfalls is Novare known for. Are the units just overall crap or is it just that they lack an attention to detail?

·
jupiter
344 Posts
Well I live in one of the conversions (peachtree lofts) and it is not perfect.

There are things that could be done better.
I do see a "things learned" aspect to most of the projects.
I seriously hope that we see a quality building in this location.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Austin said:
What is with you guys? All of a sudden I am noticing a lot of moaning and groaning about the pragmatic designs of Novare and am blown away by it. These guys are single handedly reinvigorating some truly blighted areas, they are doing it without pricing the surrounding neighbors out. The designs might be a bit simplistic, but overall I find them very easy to look at, and as assets for the city. Be careful Atlantans, you wouldn't want to be responsible for creating a sentiment of these projects being unsightly. This developer, as far as I can see, is the best thing you've got going for you.
Buckhead isn't exactly blighted and Midtown has been on the upswing for more than a decade now. As for Novare's buildings, they're residential towers aimed primarily at the entry level market so everyone should understand that they won't be Architectural masterpieces. I think given those facts they aren't bad at all and residential towers with floor to ceiling glass of course will be somewhat similar so theirs no crime there.

·
jupiter
344 Posts
Based on what ----905 Juniper---- is going to produce the bar seems to be rising. If I owned a unit in Metroplis I would be pretty happy with the product. I still beleive that it we need to see a few more compleated projects to have a good evaluation.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
starbuc jupiter said:
Based on what ----905 Juniper---- is going to produce the bar seems to be rising. If I owned a unit in Metroplis I would be pretty happy with the product. I still beleive that it we need to see a few more compleated projects to have a good evaluation.
As the developer of 905 Juniper(and the Block 3 proposal) said that they are after the "move-up" market whereas Novare has focused on the first time home buyer. I think other Atlanta developers will rush into the Midtown market once they believe it will support a higher-end product.

·
jupiter
344 Posts
gwiATLeman,

I think that rush is already happening. Some are more obvious than others.

It seems each devloper wants to make sure they have a project in place.

I will say this........ The store fronts on Metropolis are full or are under construction and the building seems active. That good energy flows out on to the street.

My real Hope is that these developers (Novare, Gellersdt, Daniel corp....etc.)get behind the streetcar concept and the Beltline

1 - 19 of 19 Posts