SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
15,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast (AP) -- British-based explorer Tullow Oil PLC says it's discovered oil off the shore of Ivory Coast.
The announcement Thursday comes a year and a half after the company began pumping crude from an offshore field in neighboring Ghana worth billions of dollars.
Exploration Director Angus McCoss called the finding encouraging and said the company looks forward to future drilling.
Ivory Coast is already the world's largest cocoa producer and its commercial capital had long been the economic heart of the region until it was destabilized by a series of political crises.
Most recently the country was thrown into turmoil after its ex-president refused to concede defeat after losing a November 2010 election.
http://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/tullow-announces-ivory-coast-offshore-115736274.html

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Well Ivory Coast is right next to Ghana and in fact some of the Ghanaian Oil is claimed by Ivory Coast.

·
Married to Zimbobeauty
1,946 Posts
It's along that entire peice of coastline, even off Liberia's coast.

I just want to see how the oil revenue will be invested. I'd like it to be used in all countries with the same ambition as in Dubai but less waste and no slavery.

Imagine the advancements in development and environmentally friendly environment if the money is invested correctly.

·
Registered
721 Posts
It's along that entire peice of coastline, even off Liberia's coast.

I just want to see how the oil revenue will be invested. I'd like it to be used in all countries with the same ambition as in Dubai but less waste and no slavery.

Imagine the advancements in development and environmentally friendly environment if the money is invested correctly.
Dubai has not had Oil for the past 20 years :cheers:

·
Registered
13,855 Posts
Tullow is on a roll well thats good for them and to solve the oil curse just look at how kenya will handle it as we scrutinized the government to ensure that the wealth is equally distributed etc

·
Banned
8,321 Posts

·
Registered
17,043 Posts
One of my biggest regrets- i bought shares for 70p in 2004 but thought they werent going anywhere. They are now worth 20 times that!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
One of my biggest regrets- i bought shares for 70p in 2004 but thought they werent going anywhere. They are now worth 20 times that!
Damn, that's big loss for you. However, Tullow management team know Africa well. I have never seen a company with so much success in the continent.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Tullow has been been pretty successful in oil and gas. Exploration over last couple of years or so except for that high pressure well in Guyana that failed to reach the desired depth...it would be good if they could assit Jamaica with it's mostly stalled oil exploration, but maybe the oil estimate is not large enough to entice them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts