SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The nations third largest urban park is coming back strong and original plans are falling into place. Tens of millions have already been spent on the park since Hurricane Katrina and there are many more millions in the pipeline. I drive through City Park fairly frequently as it is close to my home and I visit the New Orleans Museum of Art a couple of times a year. It is looking real good. Many know City Park as the home of the Voodoo Festival in October. Here's more:

http://videos.nola.com/times-picayune/2008/06/new_orleans_city_park_renovati.html

·
Registered
268 Posts
a lot of the credit goes to volunteers who basically were the whole City Park staff after K. They did...and still do...a great job in getting the park back on it's feet until there was money available. A great lesson learned due to K was that private citizens could make a difference.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Fantastic news. My kids love going to Storyland and riding the train. It was a big deal when those reopened in this family. Can't wait to see what the new north golf course is like next month.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sorry. I asked a dumb question... :eek:hno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts