Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this interesting shot of New Orleans that is from the river side. Most shots we see are from the "other," side of Downtown, which is by the Superdome or out to the East. I figured I'd share it with the board.

·
Banned
4,890 Posts
very nice pic

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

·
OPEN - END
3,965 Posts
nice SHOT man.

nice job.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
It is a good shot. So is this side of the river containing downtown the same side of the river as Memphis or St. Louis.
In other words if you were to divide the country up at the Mississippi River, would New Orleans be with NYC, Boston,
Philly and Atlanta or would it be with Houston, Denver and LA?

New Orleans looks a lot like Lagos, Nigeria.
Lagos

New Orleans

·
293,228 Posts
In other words if you were to divide the country up at the Mississippi River, would New Orleans be with NYC, Boston,
Philly and Atlanta or would it be with Houston, Denver and LA?
New Orleans has unique style :cheers:

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
New Orleans would be on the East side with Atlanta, Boston, Philly, etc., BUT, at the Crescent of the MS River where Downtown is located the river is flowing due North, so even though New Orleans is on the East side of the MS River, where Downtown is located, when you are looking at the West side of the MS River, you are actually facing due East.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yup...you actually have to drive East across the Crescent City Connection to get to the Westbank. That's why nobody uses traditional compass directions here. Instead you say riverside or lakeside and downtown or uptown.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
"New Orleans would be on the East side with Atlanta, Boston, Philly, etc., BUT, at the Crescent of the MS River where Downtown is located the river is flowing due North, so even though New Orleans is on the East side of the MS River, where Downtown is located, when you are looking at the West side of the MS River, you are actually facing due East."

So confusing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts