SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics I took of the festival and the surrounding neighborhood in early May. Enjoy.

Intersection of Laharpe and Gentilly Rd. in the Fairgrounds neighborhood.

Looking down Gentilly Rd toward the Fairgrounds.

New basketball courts at Stallings Playground.

Corner of Onzaga St. and Gentilly Rd. in front of Gentilly Rd. entrance to Fairgrounds.

Crowd enjoying Papa Grows Funk on stage.

Crowds...clouds...and the city

Papa Grows Funk wraps it up.

Another skyline shot

Passing by the Congo Square stage to see Richard Thompson

Enjoying Richard Thompson at the Gentilly Stage

The Lee Boys perform at the Blues Tent

Trombone Shorty at Congo Square

Stevie Wonder at the Acura Stage

Next day...watching The Raconteurs at the Gentilly Stage

Grandstand at the Fairgrounds

Big lines for the food.

The Neville Brothers at the Acura Stage closing out the festival.

Walking down Onzaga St. back to the car.

Looking down N. Broad St. from Onzaga St. and from the Fairgrounds neighborhood toward the 7th Ward neighborhood.

On the neutral ground between the 7th Ward and the Fairgrounds neighborhoods looking back toward the Fairgrounds neighborhood and a house party.

In the 7th Ward looking down Rousselin Dr. toward Laharpe St. from Onzaga at a very blue house.

Corner of N. Dorgenois and Onzaga in the 7th Ward.

Walking down N. Dorgenois.

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Neat pictures

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Oh man I just went to New Orleans a few weeks ago for the 1st time. What a great city! I could live there for sure. :D:cheers::booze::dance2::scouserd::applause::cheers1::horse::drunk::lovethem::devil::eat::righton:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Wonderful pictures. Lovely atmosphere! Thanks.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Nice pics....it's so funny, because not only was I at the Neville Brothers (along with 60,000 others), but, the really interesting thing is I parked on Onzaga...you probably walked right by my car, and possibly me. Great festival...year in and year out. 2008 was just as good as they all have been.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I wish every city had the mystique of New Orleans. I mean... what the hell happened to Tampa or Mobile or Galveston? Is it the people that make a city so lifeless? I guess New Orleans has the right ingredients.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts