SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival is underway in New Orleans. Along with the PGA Tour, with a $6 million purse, ( http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r018 ), the City hosted over 175,000 visitors this weekend. It was nice to see New Orleans in action, again. Here are some pics from this weekend's Jazz festival captured by local media:

Remembering Katrina: A Hurricane Warning Flag!

Dr. John

Oh yeah...just enjoying the best music around!

Bob Dylan

Anders Osborne

Dancing to Cajun music at the Fais Do Do Stage!

Play it Dudes...Give It To Us!!!!!

Dave Matthews

Fun Hat!

The fabulous Mary Griffin!

Crowds had a blast all weekend!

Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, Rebirth Brass Band, The Meters, Walter "Wolfman" Washington, Kermit Ruffins & The Barbecue Swings, and more performed today...photos not yet available.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's "The Boss," today at the Jazz Fest..As you can see, he was so into the 50,000 people watching him at the Acura Stage, that he popped a string on his guitar!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Awesome photos. I was down there on Saturday. A great crowd...we were way back near the track for Dave Matthews. Hung out over at the Fais Do Do stage too long I guess.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More from this past weekend...

Etta James

Allen Toussaint

Another Bruce Springsteen

Crowds having fun at the Acura Stage

Elvis Costello

A Fun Day For Tens of Thousands on Sunday!

George Porter, Jr.

Someone popped up to join Dave Matthews for some jamming...yep..It's The Edge from U2!!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This pic...

Equals, this, with the tall light behind the Acura stage...it'll give you a better feel of the layout and the 9 stages of the NOLA Jazz Fest....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
One of my co-workers went all the way down to N.O. for the festival... the city's getting its drawing power back again. Here's hoping the festival helps refill the coffers.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Justadude said:
One of my co-workers went all the way down to N.O. for the festival... the city's getting its drawing power back again. Here's hoping the festival helps refill the coffers.
Good way to phrase it, IMO...being here in the past month or so (even before Jazz Fest), we are getting the feeling that the city is, again, "drawing" people back...I knew it wouldn't take too long...after what has happened, we just didn't know when it would happen, but, we knew it would happen. Bottom line...it's happening. You can just see it, with increased crowds week after week, and you can feel it with the smiles on people's faces as they roam around the Quarter, Downtown, Uptown, etc....They are glad to be back in New Orleans and we are glad to have them back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts