SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mayor's Debate of National Significance on at 9:00 PM EST on MSNBC..see the debate on how the city is recovering and the plans for the recovery. Why do you care? It's your tax dollars that will play a role in part of the recovery.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Landrieu won.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Both cantidates continue to miss an opportunity on a national stage to push for our oil and gas royalities. The question about the cab driver in Cleveland sending his tax dollars down here was a perfect opportunity. My answer would have been, "I'd tell that taxi driver that we wouldn't need one dime of his tax dollars if we'd get our fair share of our own oil and gas royalties." End of discussion.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sean in New Orleans said:
Landrieu won.
Yep, he did so handily.

Cannonized said:
Both cantidates continue to miss an opportunity on a national stage to push for our oil and gas royalities. The question about the cab driver in Cleveland sending his tax dollars down here was a perfect opportunity. My answer would have been, "I'd tell that taxi driver that we wouldn't need one dime of his tax dollars if we'd get our fair share of our own oil and gas royalties." End of discussion.
You are absolutely right. It seems like that issue is going nowhere fast, primarily because of our friendly senators in New Mexico, who just happened to be on the right committees.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts