SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new here. I spent my easterholidays in the US. My journey took place in the South. Here you have some pictures of New Orleans. Unfortunately I couldn't enter the 33th floor of the World Trade Center, that's why I ain't got no pics from above the city. So here we go :) :

I hope you like the pics!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you enter the area of Lousiana , nearby New Orleans, a lot of the forests and the suburbs are completely destroyed. Even in downtown , you can see thousands of cars that are parked under bridges, they are damaged, too.
But the people , they are still the old and still nice to other people :)

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
Really? I wonder about how the city looks now. I'm sure there are parts that are virtually untouched, like these photos here, but some that will take a while to recover. Did you go there?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No , in downtown you can also see some things that were caused by Katrina. Like the World Trade Center, I couldn't enter the 33th floor because the roof was damaged.
Yes, I also visited those areas.I mean, there were other areas that were completely empty, but I ain't got no pics of them, cause I was inside of the car and had no camera. But I drove through those destroyed areas, it's really sad to see it. Here are five pics of them:

·
Registered
109 Posts
It is amazing that the world's superpower, the US, has the hundreds of billions to spend in invading and occupying foreign countries halfway across the world. But not enough money to rebuild it's own cities, lest even just clearing up the downtown a year after a disaster.

Amazing indeed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here are some pics from the worst hit part, the 9th ward. They were taken in January, but it still looks the exact same for the most part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts