SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a preview of things to come, from my first trip to NoLa this week. i've got a lot of pics to sort through and edit, and not much time on my hands. i loved it...easily one of my favorite U.S. cities. i can't wait to see how better it'll be after some more recovery.

:cheers:

-

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
letsgoworld said:
doesn't look that nice
in case you have not watched the news in the past year, the city was hit by a very destructive hurricane. hundreds of people died. if you like your sterile modern cities full of shiny towers, fine. if you do not have anything nice to say, then do not say anything, and keep your opinions to yourself. and please, **** off while you're at it.

I-275, it's a great city, still. i'm very glad i finally went, and i'll probably go again within the next year. :cheers:

-

·
Registered
647 Posts
umm...excuse me person above me but that last time I checked, were all allowed to give our opinions any time we want to. Sucha s right now: I think your comment was far over the top for such a subtle and simple statement that did not offend anyone. You DO NOT tell people to "**** off" because they have different tastes than you...seriously...ugh.

anyway, yeh, that was surprising (the pictures). for some reason io still picture water everywhere....

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
MuddyZehbra32 said:
umm...excuse me person above me but that last time I checked, were all allowed to give our opinions any time we want to. Sucha s right now: I think your comment was far over the top for such a subtle and simple statement that did not offend anyone. You DO NOT tell people to "**** off" because they have different tastes than you...seriously...ugh.

anyway, yeh, that was surprising (the pictures). for some reason io still picture water everywhere....
o.k. then person...yeah, opinions are fine and dandy and all, but i really don't want to hear crap like "doesn't look too nice." City vs. City was closed last time i checked. in that regards, you can join him with my advice. don't tell me what to do. seriously...ugh.

my opinion is if you don't have anything nice to say in this section, don't say it. don't go looking for trouble. otherwise i'll lower my opinion of you, and let you know. :)

i guess i'm on a shorter fuse when it comes to people dissing New Orleans though, after seeing the damage firsthand, and that a lot of people here in the U.S. seem to have forgotten already or don't care to help...even about our fellow citizens. it just makes me even more mad about our leadership. watching the coverage on TV and knowing that hell was breaking loose only 5 hours away frustrated me.

i had to go back and look at pictures of the flooding, for a comparison. it's hard for me to think of these area being underwater, but then you see the rescuer's tags with early September dates on the second story of houses, and then follow up dates a few weeks later on the front door.

-

·
The Big Easy Forever
362 Posts
my poor city, ill post some more pics later. It is still, even after the storm, one of the most wonderful cities anywhere on this earth.

·
/>>}WweX:AS<
177 Posts
MuddyZehbra32 said:

CRABBY!! (see Avatar for humor ;))

·
Registered
181 Posts

allsome!

Great pics. New Orleans is such a great, unique city. It's almost like it's an entirely different country....the feel or vibe you get on the streets is just incredible. Too many American cities are 100% business. It's refreshing to go to a place where people take things easy.

·
Banned
154 Posts
American cities are kind of overrated

sorry for being honest

maybe New Orleans has a bit more character, but pretty much most cities in the US are steryle looking and have a plastic feeling to them.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I agree with Lsyd in getting mad at disrespectful comments !
New Orleans was so badly damaged, with big loss of people, that it is reconforting to see it ´s rising from the ashes again. So the comments , for more democratic they may be, should show some respect and sorrowness for this unhappy city .
and despite all that, the 2nd pic is quite romantic :

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks y'all for those with constructive comments, especially Luis. :cheers:

premutos said:
American cities are kind of overrated

sorry for being honest

maybe New Orleans has a bit more character, but pretty much most cities in the US are steryle looking and have a plastic feeling to them.
o.k., so please tell me, where are you from? have you ever been to America? where to? for how long? how many U.S. cities have you seen pictures of? i agree in part, but i disagree by and large. tell the truth and i'll go easy on you. say you're sorry for being a jackass, and i'll forgive you and leave you with your opinion. i mean, what's your criteria/experience anyway? :bash:

-

·
Registered
647 Posts
He does not have to explain himself, he is allowed to think whatever the heck he wants. not that i agree with him, but your really just being rediculous. this is one of the most opinionated places on the web, if you have a problem with that you shouldn't come here.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MuddyZehbra32 said:
He does not have to explain himself, he is allowed to think whatever the heck he wants. not that i agree with him, but your really just being rediculous. this is one of the most opinionated places on the web, if you have a problem with that you shouldn't come here.
1. it's ridiculous
2. if it's one of the most opinionated places on the web, i can give my opinion back in my response, n'est-ce-pas?
3. my opinion is your opinion is bitchy, and as someone else pointed out, crabby. ;)

-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts