SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^ The rocks and water in one of those shots really are green. There's a green light set up under the pier at Puke Ariki landing, that lights up the ocean at night.

Great photo's bumsmoke ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for the positive feedback. When visiting New Zealand afew years ago i was really impressed with New Plymouth and Taranaki. I thought New Plymouth with it's west coast sunsets and backed by the stunning Mt Taranaki was a unique and lovely place. However except for the odd mention of oil and gas the region doesn't seem to get much of a mention on these forums, was just wondering if that was an issue with people in New Zealand as a whole not recognising New Plymouth or just the people who use these forums?

·
A Christchurch Son
4,530 Posts
Wonderful pictures Bumsmoke :)lol::lol:)

Brings back lots of memories for me. My grandparents lived in Mania, the mountain was the back drop out their lounge room window. They are now both buried in Harewa.

It's a real special and sacred place Mt Taranaki.

In regards to your comments - the New Plymouth thread is not that old, it's not that no is interested, it's just that many of the forumers have not been there or know the place well (that includes me), but hopefully, with more pictures like yours and NZ1's posts, we will get to know it a lot better:banana::)

1 - 20 of 97 Posts