·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Old buildings are being repaired

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
Thank you Asimov, this really makes me happy....

Do you happen to know which parts are being renovated and when it will be finished?

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More pics of restoration works:

·
hlubach bubach
7,383 Posts
Nice to see those pretty buildings being renovated :)

p.s. I have a question. Who covers the expenses of renovation? Is it the city council or private investors ?

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
kuvacci should know it better..i think its both..city and private investoers...and the architecture work for free!!???

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bubach_hlubach said:
Nice to see those pretty buildings being renovated :)

p.s. I have a question. Who covers the expenses of renovation? Is it the city council or private investors ?
It's mainly financed by the Metropolitan Municipality.

Formerly, buildings owned by private persons legally could not be restored unless the owners (some of whom live today in France, U.S., Greece, etc) would allow the restoration. That's why many buildings could not be restored.

According to a recently-passed new law, the state has the power to force private owners to restore their buildings (either they'll restore themselves, or the state will restore and give them the bill)

Thanks to this new law, there's a huge restoration work currently taking place in cosmopolitan and historic cities like Istanbul and Izmir.

·
Registered
52,552 Posts
in my country municipality have laws to force privat owners to restaure the buildings if they dont do that Municipality restaure the building and send the bill to owners, of course many buildings dont have owners or they have a lot of owners :( and that is a big problem but is a good way to the restauration of many buildings.

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same here now (after the new law) :)

·
Strange User
19,706 Posts
Arpels said:
in my country municipality have laws to force privat owners to restaure the buildings if they dont do that Municipality restaure the building and send the bill to owners, of course many buildings dont have owners or they have a lot of owners :( and that is a big problem but is a good way to the restauration of many buildings.
Actually it is the same here now. But municipalty will start a new restoration period soon... You will see more pix soon ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts