Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
7,983 Posts
Old news....at least on the theme park forum I visit. :)

So far, what I've heard...it will be a Intamin launched coaster, which will go from 0-100kph in 2 seconds, then shoot up a 50m top hat (like Top Thrill Dragster in America), down the other side and over a series of big airtime camel humps. The ride will also be utilising the old "Move Magic Show" buildings for the queue and beginning of the ride - which will feature Lex Luthor starting and earthquake and Superman coming to the rescue and pushing the train out of danger. Should be an amazing ride and something most Aussies won't have experienced unless they've been to parks in the U.S.

Should be ready either September holidays or Dec 26th.

Dreamworld also has a big new ride on the way (not sure what yet though) this year and possibly next year too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Danubis said:
whats the rollercoaster forum you talk of?
There are two main ones for Australian parks. http://www.ozcoaster.net (run by Ian Clark and myself) and http://www.roller-coaster.com.au which is run by Richard Wilson. Both sites are good and if you are interested in theme parks, I suggest you join both site's forums. I know ozcoaster will be getting some exclusive contruction photos of the new coaster (although I am sure both sites will be comprehensively covering it). All I can say right now is this coaster is going to be far and away the best thrill ride in Australia and will actually rate with some of the best around the world. It will have excellent theming (it will be the first intamin rocket coaster to have an indoor section before the main coaster section). BrisszyChris is on track with what is known about the layout so far (we are finally getting some airtime/bunny hills in an Oz park!).

Anyways, yes...it is going to be big.

EDIT: If anyone is interested, the coaster the banner on our site (Ozcoaster) is the same type of coaster that Movie World will be getting (Gives you an idea of track type etc, and from what I hear, it will have the same colour track).

EDIT: ^ New Banner, so that no longer applies :p

·
7,983 Posts
Hey zztopless...didn't know you ran the ozcoaster website! I like it, it's good for photo updates! I'm Chrisius on the R-C.com.au forums....but I hardly post much, mainly go in there to check out any rumour updates. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
BrizzyChris said:
Hey zztopless...didn't know you ran the ozcoaster website! I like it, it's good for photo updates! I'm Chrisius on the R-C.com.au forums....but I hardly post much, mainly go in there to check out any rumour updates. :)
Yeah, I run it with Rabid...I don't post of Richard's boards only because I do not post enough on my own as it is.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can't give out the pic yet, as it would be in breach with the park, but I can describe it as best I can for you. Bascially you are looking from the fountain towards where the line for moviemagic used to be. In the middle of the picture is the top hat, in the background you can see at least two airtime hills (well, could be zero G rolls, its a low quality image, so its hard to make out, but either way...airtime!).

Thats all the track you can clearly make out, there at least has to be some turnarounds and I would say other elements too. AND there is a first lauch inside the old moviemagic building, there will be something going on in there before the main coaster part (like scooby do i guess). If you guys are interested in this, please join our boards, as when we can release pics, we will be notifying members first.

·
7,983 Posts
Man, you must not have been to Movieworld in a while. The old Gremlins ride was turned into the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster.

James - not always. Lethal Weapon and Wild West Falls didn't replace any older rides. It really just depends on where the ride is going to be located.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
BrizzyChris said:
James - not always. Lethal Weapon and Wild West Falls didn't replace any older rides. It really just depends on where the ride is going to be located.

I can't remember the name of the ride but there used to be a ride where you take a boat down the river in the jungle full of cartoon characters, all indoor... unlike Wild Wild West it wasn't a scary ride but for little kids. Do you know which ride replaced it?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts