SkyscraperCity Forum banner

New Roman House / 10 East Road | Hackney | 17 fl

20968 71
My first post!

There's a substantial development underway, just north of the Old Street roundabout, and I haven't been able to find any discussion of it. It's close the the currently-abandoned Eagle House site.

When complete in summer 2012, it will comprise:

• 680 student rooms
  • Office space
  • Retail space
  • 250-room hotel (I think Premier Inn)

There isn't much information to be found on the internet, but you can see some renderings here:

http://www.lifschutzdavidson.com/

Go to Projects > Current Projects > East Road

The groundworks appear to be complete across the site, and the hotel segment is progressing quickly. At the very least, it will hide the horrendous Cable & Wireless building behind the site :D
61 - 72 of 72 Posts
Cheers, this really has surpassed my expectations. I'd love this to be a template for inner city development.
I'm not entirely sure strange window patterns work well with brick cladding.
I saw this at the weekend from Old Street. Was amazed by how fast it's come along, although it's been a while since I've actually got out of the station facing in it's direction. I was pleasantly surprised. Looks good in context. The bricked up window bits facing east are a bit odd though!
Another update! The scaffolding has all come down now.

Nice to see The Shard put in an appearance in the 6th picture. :)

I love this development. Contemporary with a nod to our industrial past! Very well thought out.
Love it! This one's a keeper.
Perfect development for the location and site.
I;m glad we are still building some resi which will last longer than 30 years.
The owner of this development plans to demolish Crown House, the 80s red brick beauty opposite that is currently home to NIG, and build two towers on the site:

http://www.freeofficesearch.co.uk/OfficeSpaceNews/City-Road-Offices-set-for-Residential-Conversion

There's going to be a decent cluster on City Road eventually.

I've heard on the local grapevine that they also expressed interest in buying nearby Eagle House, but the asking price was said to be ridiculous...
As this is nearing completion, I thought a few new pictures were in order...

(The one above shows 'Silicon Way')

Looks good, the window boxes are a bit crazy on the side though, odd positioning.
Yet more ziggy-zaggy / misaligned windows of different shapes and sizes. I really do hope this fad dies out very soon as it ain't half untidy to look at.
61 - 72 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.