SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got no response in the other area of the forum so lets see what the local lads think....

I have an idea, I think its quite good idea as well. I think each city should have a thread called "Official Visitors Guide To 'City Name Goes Here'"one. Basically am off to London for the week working and I have some questions etc. That thread in the London section would be perfect. I've seen people come in the Manchester section asking in their own threads and I've seen quite afew threads on London in the skybar. I think we should do a test run with ethier with either Manchester or London and then if other forumers in other cities what to follow suit, its all good. Mods and others report back.

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Good idea though.

I am not that impressed with the visit manchester website. Nice colours but seriously lacking.

Its not that we couldnt fill it with items etc.

Indeed its shame that a Manchester visitors thread wasnt up and running for the UEFA cup final

Would have included pissing on streets, drunken sectarian and racist singing and behaviour and rioting are not welcomed.

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good idea though.

I am not that impressed with the visit manchester website. Nice colours but seriously lacking.

Its not that we couldnt fill it with items etc.

Indeed its shame that a Manchester visitors thread for the UEFA cup final

Would have included pissing on streets, drunken sectarian and racist singing and behaviour and rioting are not welcomed.
We can just put at the bottom. Racist Singing and Scottish Scum Pissing is not acceptable and it will be greeted with Police in full Riot gear. Really through most of it won't include things like that.

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Am going to go ahead with this idea/following Glasgow's lead maybe abit more in depth. B4mmy can it either be sticked in the main forum or our skybar once its been created. Cheers. I'll have afew headings travel, shopping, hotels, sport, night life etc I'll try and make it as simple as possible and then anyone with a question is welcome to post.

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
...erm... seems like a weird way of going about starting a new thread.

The thing about stickies is that we need to be sure that theres enough content, so I think I would suggest you get your initial post(s) filled up with enough data to get people interested.

If I was a stranger visiting Manchester, I'd just look here:

http://manchesterconfidential.co.uk/

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
We just need a links thread stickied methinks. I'm a wee bit pizzled though so i might be using the wrong orifice.

·
Taikun
10,129 Posts
seems like a good idea though to be fair we've not had anyone ask about visiting manchester for about a month ;)

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...erm... seems like a weird way of going about starting a new thread.

The thing about stickies is that we need to be sure that theres enough content, so I think I would suggest you get your initial post(s) filled up with enough data to get people interested.

If I was a stranger visiting Manchester, I'd just look here:

http://manchesterconfidential.co.uk/
What I was thinking was London should have one, I was looking to ask some questions to people that live there and not just a website with information on. I have infact spoke to afew people so am good now. I still see it as a good idea for each city or certain ones. The other thing was, I've seen these threads in the skybar and no one gets a proper answer. It would better if there is a set thread where there is some info/links etc and also a place to question those all important questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts