SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Dubai State of Mind
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard today that Nakheel is working on another major top secret project for Dubai!

Anyone know about this? What could it be this time!

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
Nakheel's CEO said that on a interview.

I posted the AFP article (where he mentioned that) on "The World" thread.

·
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
9,583 Posts
Uh... shouldn't it be in Dubailand? I mean it does have 3bn sq feet of space. :weird:

·
Dubai State of Mind
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is excellent news!

I think it is better to have it as a separate island this way there will be more media attention and it wont be misunderstood as DubaiLand.

I hope they make the Dubai one stand out of the crowd a bit - could do with some updating.

·
Dubai State of Mind
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
juiced said:
Steve, how come there isn't a source (link) for this news? ;) Hint Hint
Its a News Wire Agency Services message. However, this project is just talks as this stage - nothing concrete just that its likely.

·
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
9,583 Posts
Dubai_Steve said:
This is excellent news!

I think it is better to have it as a separate island this way there will be more media attention and it wont be misunderstood as DubaiLand.

I hope they make the Dubai one stand out of the crowd a bit - could do with some updating.
I'm just saying isn't 3bn sq feet of space enough for theme parks and stuff?

·
Dubai State of Mind
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
malec said:
I'm just saying isn't 3bn sq feet of space enough for theme parks and stuff?
You would think so, but the more the better - Dubai want's 40 million happy Western children visiting each year. :)

·
Dubai State of Mind
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
juiced said:
Doh! OK, what does it being News Wire Agency Services mean? It won't have a link?
Correct no link, news wire services are delivered by email for those that subscribe. However, Im not sure that John Smith is the real name of the executive?! hmmm.. its not April the 1st again is it!?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
they should build it deeeeeeeeeeeeep in the middle of the desert, with an underground high speed railway connecting it with the airport.

that way, the city gets all their tourist dollars, but we dont have to see 40 million of em running around the place

·
Dubai State of Mind
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DisneyLand on the sea ... its a cool idea. I like it.

Not exactly competition for DubaiLand since DubaiLand is a collection of theme parks, sports areana etc. A larger version of Disney World. DisneyLand on the other hand is a small park like Alton Towers.

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
nice proposal metro :D

maybe now nakheel will launch their central business district like emaar has done it with the burj, dubai properties with business bay and i think union properties and another company with the difc and some other companies with the new jxb airport

are you ready for "financial island", the first cbd ever built on an artificial island
it will be located between palm jumeirah and palm jebel ali :D :lol:

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
a note by the side

what can we say about this new project:
there are 3 things
1) the waterfront conference is going on
2) they have founded the "waterfront company" along with the announcement of the
dubai waterfront project
3) nakheel's focus is islands

proof enough it'll be another island(s)?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
not another island,please

·
Registered
698 Posts
Oh-kay! Let's stop this right here! I was just killing time between classes at school.
I couldn't get a better kick outta my day than watching all you Dubai-lovers (pun intended, d-l ;)).

It's just a joke, some might call it a lie. And since I take great pains in keeping my conscious clean, I'm just pluggin' it here.

And by the way, I'm a PR guy -- so watch me spin! J/K! Sorry guys! =)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts