SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
skyscraper maniac
1,982 Posts
The towers are really cool, the website needs a little work. These will be a nice addition to dt's southwestern expantion, LA Live, Metropolis Phases 1, 2, 3, 4, Fig Central, Figueroa South and possibly 755 tower. Great.

·
skyscraper maniac
1,982 Posts
I didn't see this but at the bottom of the renderings you see AEG. Is that the same AEG that is building LA Live? Think so. I count 33 floors.

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
so many new proposals if they all get build the los angeles skyline will
definently change. like the tower

·
17,416 Posts
I like the building and I think there's gonna be alot of skyscraper development across the freeway.

·
17,416 Posts
LosAngelesSportsFan said:
31 stories, on 8th and grand, suppose to finish by 2008, according to the original poster on SSp, whos name im forgeting right now.
BTW, do you think there will be major high-rise developments around this area?

·
Registered
76 Posts
LosAngelesSportsFan said:
31 stories, on 8th and grand, suppose to finish by 2008, according to the original poster on SSp, whos name im forgeting right now.
Its on 8th and garland not 8th and grand, anyway its looks great, nice addition but taller would be nicer lol.

·
Registered
268 Posts
This is from SSP....thanks to Kyoshosir

Kyoshosir said:
I'm glad the project is getting such positive feedback. This project is not being developed by the people from the Staple Center, it is actually being developed by American Eastern Group (AEG also). The building will be roughly 66-67 units total and the above ground parking will be about 4 stories and the highest tower will be roughly 31 stories high. I think the triangle design was used to maximize the views for each unit. This design is largely used in Asia. When buying a unit in a high rise, the cornor units are always in high demand. With this design, every unit is a cornor unit. Here are some additional pictures, enjoy.

Picture of the project site

The 3 different views each tower will have

Another view of the project site

Aerial view

Rough floor plans

·
17,416 Posts
latennisguy said:
This is from SSP....thanks to Kyoshosir

So it's gonna be lofts. There's too many lofts being constructed in Downtown LA which I don't mind really.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RBR said:
Its on 8th and garland not 8th and grand, anyway its looks great, nice addition but taller would be nicer lol.
Thanks, i was recently looking up the 8th and grand project, thats why it stuck in my head.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
I'm glad to see something higher than 10 floors built in "City West". Can this the beginning of towers over 25 floors in this district CW. Also does anyone know if this project has been approved and fully financed????

·
skyscraper maniac
1,982 Posts
^^ I was about to say that. This project, and 1100 Wilshire converting into lofts should really catch the eyes of developers, who knows, this area may become the next South Park!

·
...::HK.:.:.:.LA::...
1,529 Posts
hmm... those triangular floorplans are super annoying to me... those sq.footage is completely useless... ur paying for waht u can really use :-/

but beautiful tower on the outside :-D And what a great location!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think it's a great location, it will hopefully spur further development west of the 110....I know we Angelenos don't like to walk, but it's going to be only 2-3 block from L.A. Live! Close enough for me...I can walk home instead of risking a DUI :drunk: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts