Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Here come the warm jets
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to check out all the new changes at my alma mater when I was in town recently:

·
12,464 Posts
I thought there was an existing venue in the area they were using? Is this it, being renovated, or is it a new venue all together?

·
12,464 Posts
Brand new facility. UNCC has never had a football team or stadium.
http://binged.it/Ltmv60
Open area is where the stadium is.
I knew there wasn't one on campus. I was thinking of American Legion stadium, the 24k seater somewhere else in the city. Wasn't that the original option?

Don't blame them for moving on campus, especially when the likes of Hugh McColl are helping foot the bill.
Wow. Looks really nice. What's the capacity for the version shown there?

I know the original intention was to seat 15k with the lower bowl and a portion of a second tier on the main side. But that was before they were confirmed for membership in CUSA, so I imagine they'll go a bit higher now.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I need my alma mater (Winthrop) to follow in UNCC's footsteps.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm adopting them as my team in college football! Hopefully they will be program that finally builds a football powerhouse we desparately need in North Carolina in the FBS once they get established! Doesn't look like State or Carolina, and most surely Duke will ever get there, but then again, the ACC sucks in football, it's all about basketball in ACC country!

·
Love me, love my dog...
3,075 Posts
I'm adopting them as my team in college football! Hopefully they will be program that finally builds a football powerhouse we desparately need in North Carolina in the FBS once they get established! Doesn't look like State or Carolina, and most surely Duke will ever get there, but then again, the ACC sucks in football, it's all about basketball in ACC country!
Yeah...you'll need to give them a couple of decades or so. :)

·
Gamecocks&Skyscrapers fan
1,842 Posts
North Carolina has too many FBS teams - the in-state talent is split up too much.

·
Sic Semper Tyrannis
1,455 Posts
Nice stadium! Not bad at all for the university.

·
12,464 Posts
North Carolina has too many FBS teams - the in-state talent is split up too much.
Most folks will agree with you, but since you can't prohibit programs from trying to make it work...

I think a lot of these programs are also banking on the eventual expansion of the 1A playoffs that will release more cash to the "have nots." You'll never see the likes of UNCC endowed with the support, exposure and money as the current power programs, but if they feel they can compare with, say, ECU, then there's certainly room at the table for those folks.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
UNCC's defense is probably already better than the Tarheels' defense ... even before setting foot on the field!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Sweet! Tulane University is building a new stadium next year in New Orleans on its' campus..they are finally leaving the Superdome!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts