16,736 Posts
All built in the last few years.

University Library - Portsmouth

Trafalgar Halls - Portsmouth

St Michael's Building - Portsmouth
(sorry about the massive image)

Portsmouth Business School
(got a bigger pic somewhere)

Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation - Portsmouth, first phase of a huge development of several buildings.

·
likes beer
Cosmic chimp
12,767 Posts
I used to watch that too, addictive Blakes 7 rubbish, with the best theme tune known to man. I thought I saw Avon on Emmerdale or Coronation Street the other day, but seeing as he didn't shoot someone in the back, or slag off Villa it mustn't have been him!

·
Registered
10,952 Posts

·
telling the world how
2,268 Posts
Two college's in Coventry merged to become 'City College'. The new location is just outside the city centre in a rough area marked for large scale regeneration and redevelopment. Completed earlier this year.

·
22,438 Posts
new Queens University Belfast library building. The tower is meant to echo the Lanyon Building of the University

C.S Lewis Reading Room (in the tower). He was a student at Queen University and the door is taken from the wardrobes used in the film :)

·
Registered
30,773 Posts
90% of that is excellent. The bottom 10% though is terrible. No street interaction and not particularly attractive brick either.

If an architect is to pay so much attention to most of the building, why let it down by designing a poor base?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts