Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
This new "station" is in the middle of nowhere, which is the last thing former users of the GO Newmarket bus need, yet another stop to slow down the trip. Local bus service is good enough for such a low ridership stop, it doesn't need to be served by VIVA. YRT doesn't know what they are doing. This reminds me of the whole Hurontario Express fiasco where MT kept adding and moving stops and they still haven't gotten it right.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This new "station" is in the middle of nowhere, which is the last thing former users of the GO Newmarket bus need, yet another stop to slow down the trip. Local bus service is good enough for such a low ridership stop, it doesn't need to be served by VIVA. YRT doesn't know what they are doing. This reminds me of the whole Hurontario Express fiasco where MT kept adding and moving stops and they still haven't gotten it right.
What they should do for commuters north of Richmond Hill is make a VIVA route (at least during rush hour) that would run express from Bloomington Rd to Finch, possibly making a stop at Richmond Hill Center. If I lived in Aurora or Newmarket, I'd probably take the GO in place of the Viva when heading into Toronto as much as possible, since the overall Viva/TTC trip would be approximately 3 hours each way and $5.40 between the two systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts