Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read about this today. Looks like an interesting space. They still have about a million dollars to raise before they can start start construction. It will be located at Bathurst Quay (SE corner) right behind the silos.

More pics & info on their website: www.irelandparkfoundation.com

·
partybits
1,451 Posts
Looks very impressive. The last pic show especially is impressing (if that is actually how it would look once built). The vertical stones add some dimension to it.
Parks a bit small (45x25m) but fits the area well

·
Registered
8 Posts
IMO, they should get rid of the silos there. they look awful. are they still being used or are they just abandoned?

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
"IMO, they should get rid of the silos there. they look awful. are they still being used or are they just abandoned? "

It's been waiting to be turned into Metronome for years...poor bastards. LOL Hopefully they finally get their funding together...it would definetely be great to have a major cultural attraction right there...not just to bring some focus to the wester end of Harbourfront, but it might help get something going on the airport.

Get rid of it??? Nah....it's has significance to the waterfront...harkens back to it's industrial era...shouldn't forget that part of it's history...and it's a really great looking building...great to be reinvented to something really cool. Look at Queen's Quay...similar idea.

But yea...this little spot seems nice and artsy...fits in with the other little artsy/parkish spaces around Harbourfront. It at least gets people at the water's edge...which is off limits now. And it doesn't interfere with any redevelopment of the Canada Malting building.

KGB

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
^That would be sweet. There's been plans for a Harbourfront centre by Humber Bay Shores (well to serve the residents there, so like a mall a theatre and some more random shit I can't remember). I haven't heard about that project in a long time.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Metroland said:
Looks pretty cool, but it also could be a haven for the homeless... or other types of people.
Yup the homeless, prostitutes, druggies... all coming down to pay homage to the people who died in the Potato Famine.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Well, at least it may get a little more respect than that monument to all the Chinese labourers who built the railways...at Cityplace.

KGB

·
Technology Pro
1,607 Posts
it great that finally toronto is investing ahead..this developement along with the future waterfront developments will make toronto more of a tourist destination and for ppl to just kick it and relax.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
"it great that finally toronto is investing ahead."

What...because of this? Toronto has been building these little art parks all along...I think they are great...I like them as much as I like all the big, traditional parks.

KGB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts