SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Heart of Lithuania
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Teritory of 10 ha in the very centre across the biggest LT river Nemunas. New bridge planned to be build to the isle where new Kaunas Arena supposed to be constructed.

2. Investment ~ 400 mio LTL (~116 mio EUR)
3. To be started next spring

Before:

After

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Are those just early sketches? They look more like office buildings to me. :dunno: Anyways, waterfronts are great place for housing projects, especially ones that contain taller buildings. I bet the apartments are gonna be tough (end expensive) to get. In the Cirrus tower, which an almost-waterfront tower, the top-floor apartments cost nearly one million euros. It's great to see that Lithuania is not investing only to its biggest city, but also the regional capitals receive their fair share of the economy/construction boom.

·
Peter North
162 Posts
wonderful project! interesting, how much would cost one flat on the top floort? :)

Moolio said:
It's great to see that Lithuania is not investing only to its biggest city, but also the regional capitals receive their fair share of the economy/construction boom.
actually, Kaunas is second largest city:) but still, Lithuania is not that centralised like Latvia or Estonia, when there only one dominating town - capitals.

·
always on
4,811 Posts
/\ True, but for the over all look of the capital (the face usually for the rest of the country) its a bad thing...Estonia and Latvia will get further then Lithuania for that matter! ;)

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
_alonso_ said:
actually, Kaunas is second largest city:) but still, Lithuania is not that centralised like Latvia or Estonia, when there only one dominating town - capitals.
Yes, as I said I'm glad that Lithuania is not investind to its biggest city only. ;)

·
Banned
748 Posts
Great project! The location is just wonderful (I'd love to live there ofcourse ;)). And as for projects outside Vilnius - all biggest cities are moving forwards in Lithuania (especially Vilnius, Kaunas and Klaipeda). But Siauliai and Panevezys also has big projects. E.g. new 33 000 m^2 complex in Siauliai which consists of 13 floor 4 star hotel and a shopping center:

I think that it's very good that all Lithuanian cities are developing. Vilnius is and will be capital of a normal country not just capital of a country which consists of empty fields and capital itself. :D

·
User
719 Posts
Even as early sketches I like these buildings` shape & colour.
And I`m sure you can`t generalize development in Estonia and Latvia. Good example of small `n developing city is Rakvere.

·
Fan van de Neudeflat
2,499 Posts
Great project! Not only for the buildings, but is also gives a chance to make nice public space next to the river. Too bad the city is currently built away from the river. Nothing beats urbanness next to a river (or other bodies of water...).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.