SkyscraperCity banner

2221 - 2240 of 6066 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
^^^ You are correct the materials and cladding and art deco design fits Manhattan perfectly however the shape isn't one of a typical Manhattan tower.
Eh not really art deco. Though it's got many Deco characteristics. And I couldn't disagree with you more about the shape of the building. In fact NYC is the only place on earth that a developer would build a building like this. A building with this height footprint and number of units isnt profitable anywhere else in the world at the moment. For near future super akinny supertalls are a building style unique to NYC. But furthermore the curve formed by the setbacks are dictated by NYC zoning and something called the sky exposure plane. These setbacks can be seen on buildings throughout the city.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Gotham City meets Hugh Ferriss!

This is still my favorite project in NYC, though Nordstrom is looking better than the earlier renderings.

·
Dragonlike
1,516 Posts
So this huge poster that is now published is a definitive sign that this tower is really been built ? No 2 WTC like redesign horrors are to be expected...?

·
Dragonlike
1,516 Posts
I hope not... These are the kind of buildings (supertalls/ skyscrapers) that make people like me want to come to New York in awe !!
Not like looking at the new renders of the WTC complex and go "meh... Let's go to Shanghai"

New York is lucky to have all these upcoming midtown wonders (just like 432 ParkAve is) and Hudson Yards...

·
Huh?
332 Posts
When I first saw this tower like a year or so ago, I thought it wasn't going to be that great and its way too skinny, but now the design looks absolutely amazing. About the only good thing the top .01% of income earners have done for the world is give us amazing skyscrapers.

2221 - 2240 of 6066 Posts