SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 387 Posts

·
I love Skyscrapers
34,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondered that we don't have a thread for this...

Latest news posted on SSP:

http://www.cityrealty.com/new_developments/

Peek-a-Boo Loos at 123 Washington Street

01-NOV-07

Marketing is started for the W Hotel & Residences project at 123 Washington Street near Ground Zero where some of the apartments will have "a flirty, translucent-walled Peek-A-Boo Loo," according to the development's website that shows a rendering of a bedroom with a glass shower wall behind which there appears to be a naked woman.

The 57-story development will have 222 apartments and 217 hotel rooms, a roof deck, a gym, a spa, a cafe and a media lounge.

The building is being developed by the Moinian Group and has been designed by Gwathmey Siegel & Associates.

According to the architectural firm's website, "the tower's glass curtain wall has a subtle grid pattern of white, grey and clear glass panels that visually separates it from more commercial structures....The white panels feature two layers of glass with the outer layer receiving a pattern of white dots over an interior panel also painted white. The shadows of the dots against each white panel will move as the sun passes, adding a depth of tone and texture."

Avinash K. Malotra Architects is the associate architect for the 631-foot-high project. Occupancy is scheduled for 2009.

GRAFT, a design firm established in Los Angeles in 1998, is designing the interiors of the hotel rooms and 64 of the apartments, which will have cushioned window seats, sliding doors, and lacquered cabinetry highlighted by angled insets.

According to a diagram on the website, hotel rooms will be on floors 6 through 22, "W furnished" residences will be on floors 23 through 30, and "W residences" will be on floors 33 to 56.

According to an article in today's edition of The New York Sun by Bradley Hope, sales open Wednesday and apartments "will start at $2,000 a square foot, with one-bedrooms priced at $1.05 million and two bedrooms listed for $2.19 million to $2.64 million."

The article also stated that "all of the units of the building will feature maple doors, Italian crocodile-textured ceramic tiling, towel warmers, Sub-Zero refrigerators, Miele cooking equipment and Asko washer/dryers," adding that "residents of the condominiums will have access to the same amenities as the hotel guests, including a comprehensive 24-hour service called Whatever/Whenever/Wherever."

The Moinian site is south of Ground Zero and adjacent to the Deutsche Bank Building, which is in the process of being demolished because it was severely damaged in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

The project also has the addresses of 4-12 Albany Street and 3-13 Carlisle Street.

Render:

construction Site 2 weeks ago by Scruffy, SSP:

a couple weeks ago

super duper skinny for its height

·
Banned
1,658 Posts
Woah, I didn't know it was that skinny.

Yeah, say stuff like bland and over-rated about 7WTC or something like it. I get the feeling it will turn out like 7 did. You'll never know till it's done though.

·
Registered
583 Posts
^^ Couldn't have gotten a better example. I love square skyscrapers, their the most space efficient and fill up the skyline (as though it actually needed it :lol: ). Great addition!

·
16,916 Posts
Nice. It looks like that you didn't use the space button in your thread title.. But I'm not sure.. Nevermind :)

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
N.Y is BOOMING like hell, never seen these days. All the different towers goiing up :nuts::nuts: :cheers:.

If we gonna shoot a arial picture of Manhatten in the year 2003 end take year 2012 you will be amazed!

·
highrise addicted
1,223 Posts
Wow, 123 Washington Street aka 4 Albany Street is already 14 floors up!

This tower would be definetely more in the spotlight, if 130 Liberty Street, the ruin next door, was already down and wouldn't block the view from Ground Zero. But in a few months, the top of 123 Washington will stick out anyway :).

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Is there any progress on this? No updates or news for over two months. I don't like the idea of these workmen working right next to the toxic deutsche Bank Building. But yeh anyone know the latest progress?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Is there any progress on this? No updates or news for over two months. I don't like the idea of these workmen working right next to the toxic deutsche Bank Building. But yeh anyone know the latest progress?
I DO!!!i just went 2 the sales office. ok so the buildings at the 19th floor but construction had been stopped temporarily because the crane they were using was owned by the same company that owned the crane that fell uptown. Now 123 wash. has a new crane and construction should be underway again. completion is scheduled for sep 2009. the hotel lobby is going to be on the fifth floor along with restaurants, spas, etc. the base of the building is going to be clad in stone while the top will be glass

1 - 20 of 387 Posts