Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The only problem I have with this is probably that it NEEDS to have a height boost

Also does Silverstein know that we still need to build 5 WTC and don’t get me started on 6 WTC. We can’t have a 7 WTC without a 5 and 6 WTC

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Considering the ugly Penn15 tower Foster cooked up, I’m a little hesitant. The only thing wrong with his 2WTC design was the fact that it wasn’t 1,362 ft tall. It was beautiful! And the design meant something! It was designed so that it’s shadow wouldn’t be cast on the memorial on September 11th

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I really hope the redesign is revealed on the 11th, I’m pretty sure Foster has been given a generous amount of time to tweak the design since it was first announced TWO FREAKING YEARS AGO

and another thing…
WHAT HAPPENED TO 6 WORLD TRADE CENTER? 5 WORLD TRADE CENTER IS ABOUT TO GO UP, BUT EVERYONE FORGOT ABOUT 6 WORLD TRADE CENTER 7 DOES NOT GO AFTER 5 AND MY OCD IS KILLING ME

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
No, it's still Foster. "New" insofar as it's no longer BIG, which was the architect the last time there was movement towards this getting built.

$100 says that Foster's new design includes an offset, exposed core to the east to facilitate large floorplates, like we've seen with 425 Park, 350 Park and Penn 15.
I pray to god that doesn’t happen to one of the most important sites in skyscraper history!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Something I find a little reassuring is that even back when Foster designed the original diamonds, he was already known for exterior core designs such as the HSBC Building in Hong Kong and Sydney's Bankers Trust Tower. Even today, he's done 425PA and 15 Penn but also 270PA and 50HY (with centered cores).

Hopefully, the existing centered foundations mean an offset core would require a transfer structure that is too expensive to be worth it.
270 PA is the only reassurance I have that Foster hasn’t gotten worse with his more recent designs.
The thing about 2 WTCs foundation is that… it’s already built! The foundations were MEANT for the original tower

Even BIGs design would’ve required some of the original foundations demolished which would be a waste of money

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Considering that Silversteins 90, and all that he’s done for the World Trade Center, he needs a much deserved break. Just give 2 WTC’s development to Extell, SL Green, or Vornado. It’s extremely disappointing that the Entire World Trade Center site hasn’t been completed in the 20 years it’s taken for it to be in the current state it is. At this point none of us are gonna live to see it completed

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I also found it in a classic film from my childhood- Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
This comes despite the fact that they somehow messed up the placing of literally every single building on Manhattan Island, with the possible exception of some of Brookfield Place.
View attachment 2320079
Well I mean, the second movie had the OG towers in it:

who’d have thought that a kids movie of all things would be consistent with NYCs skyline

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
why are you laughing? was 5 wtc cancelled? 😭
5 WTC isn’t going to get canceled, far from that actually. Plans are finalized, a construction date is set in stone, the site is cleared out, Silverstein would have to go bankrupt for 5 WTC to be cancelled

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
From my 3d model.

I’m not going to make a model of 2 WTC until official renderings are revealed. Just so that I don’t waste time making a design of the building that wasn’t even going to be built cough cough Chushang Building cough cough

1 - 18 of 19 Posts