·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
from the design i like this tower more than the freedom tower

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
Awesome design, best among WTC towers :cheers:
i have to agree. i love the freedom tower, but i think from the design this one hits my heart even more

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
i hope this will soon follow rising. defen. my fav. tower out of the 4

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
when i google empire state twin i only get bashes against beautiful 15 Penn Plaza

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
this is my favorite of the WTC constructions, but it also is the slowest, or latest to start :nuts:

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
as that as it is, shouldnt this be changed to on hold?

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
this is my favorite tower of this complex, yet it takes the longest to finally rise :eek:hno:

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
2WTC is my favorite out of the bunch, i hope this one will face no redesign (unless it is upwards of course haha)

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
i always thought of 2WTC having a similar height but a slice of from being a box building and this slice always looked like it represented that scar that the building's history carries on, i always loved to look at it like that and that may be one reason its my favorite project in new york right now

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
i don't care if it takes longer to build it, aslong it is going to be built. it is my favorite out of the complex by far.

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
I must admit I am pretty depressed that we wont be seeing 2wtc go up anytime soon. The best of the towers(Imo). I hope they find a tenant and we dont have to wait 10yrs to see it done. Also no design change please.
i totally agree, it always was my favorite of the complex, it hurts to see this one not rising at all =(

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
i actually do like it. maybe not for new york, but for a central tower in a new CBD this would look amazing. :cheers:

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
couldn't keep quite up with this project. is there any date when it will most likely continue? and what are the chances this building may face a redesign/reduction of height or even a cancellation? this is after all my favorite project of the complex and i really hope for some good news. :eek:hno:

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
No date so far on when construction will continue, but this building does require higher square footage rents than 3 WTC and Related's Hudson Yards, and maybe Extell's One Hudson Yards, so construction here is likely a year or two away, or at least those buildings/complexes need to fill before a tenant will locate here.

As for design changes or height changes, there is zero indication of that. Silverstein has indicated this is his favorite building of the bunch, and he's not budging on higher rents which indicates he's willing to wait for a tenant to pay more so that he can build the building as we know it.

Obviously, this will not be cancelled. With almost 90% of Manhattan's office space predating 1970, these proposed NY office buildings are really just a matter of when, not if.
thanks for the detailed information. that we will most likely not see a design change makes me very happy, yet hearing that construction start may be still far away concerns me.

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
^^ i have much rather seen this up than Tower 1. This is my favorite of the whole WTC project, maybe even in the whole city :cheers: it is a shame it struggles that much :eek:hno:

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
you can see the most upper of the 4 crystal shaped tower parts is only two thirds filled with floors above it is an empty crown. that is considered the spire or crown or however you like to call it.

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,731 Posts
Reactions: Nonoka
1 - 20 of 61 Posts