·
Super Moderator
Excelsior!
20,907 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Excelsior!
20,907 Posts
Why is it on hold all of a sudden? Sorry i just found out about this.
2 WTC needs an anchor tenant before it can rise. Silverstein properties, which owns buildings 2 and 3, is actively searching for tenants but they are focusing on 3 WTC due to it's cheaper cost.

·
Super Moderator
Excelsior!
20,907 Posts
Actually it is 'proposed' it is possible that they will never build the rest of the building, although very unlikely, it is still possible.
Work has already been done on the building, for now its haulted. Therefore it is on hold.

·
Super Moderator
Excelsior!
20,907 Posts
If he gets his money, wouldn't he still build tower 3 first?
3 wtc is all ready to go, all it needs is an anchor tenant and the city and state will provide more funds to cover construction costs. Several hundred million up to 2.4 billion is enough to start another project outright out of speculation.

·
Super Moderator
Excelsior!
20,907 Posts
interesting how 2 and 3 WTC's base seemingly swapped cladding schemes. 2 WTC was supposed to be the darker of the two, but 3 WTC now has the black cladding wrapping around at it's base. I will miss those 'slits' in the curtain wall, but it's not a big loss.

·
Super Moderator
Excelsior!
20,907 Posts
the 'wedge of light' isn't so much a quality of 2 WTC, it is one of the entire complex. It has something to do with sunlight on 9/11
2 WTC's main 'easter egg' i guess you call it is that the left and right diamonds point towards the memorial pools, so you can see where the original twin towers once stood, as seen in that drawing

·
Super Moderator
Excelsior!
20,907 Posts
quit posting that everywhere, its not related to the individual buildings themselves.

Pedestrians and bicyclists would be free to come and go, the police said, “although cyclists may be required to dismount to walk their bicycles through security stations.”
if you're annoyed by this, don't drive a car through the world trade center "campus". If you must, register yourself as a "trusted person". Those terms make me cringe a little, but it's the world we live in today.

·
Super Moderator
Excelsior!
20,907 Posts
any word on possible tenants?
Silverstein will be focusing on netting tenants for 3 WTC because it is further along in construction and will be put on hold indefinitely soon like this tower if more tenants or other funding can't be found.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts