SkyscraperCity banner

6761 - 6780 of 6878 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yamasaki's twins were in a league of their own. They can never be matched by anything built now.
They are big server towers. IT equipment. My trash can has more grace. I'm sure China can show you a few skyscrapers that have already surpassed them in looks and beauty. They have been matched long ago friend. Subjective opinions of course. After all, it's all art in the end. Even the greatest critics are not necessarily correct. We can have any feelings we want on buildings, that's the beauty of art. We ain't solving equations here. No right and wrong mate.

·
Registered
681 Posts
^^Well, okay but then you should respect his opinion as well. I personally never found the twins to be anything special from a visual standpoint. Just tall blocks to me with nothing redeeming but their height. Granted, that's just my opinion but for every architect whose work I'm supposed to respect, there's a critic whose opinion you should also respect.
Agree. Of course, he won't though. Not the way he answered me. It was quite apparent he didn't think much of my opinion. Do I care? Nope. I wouldn't care if it were Foster himself.

·
16,080 Posts

2 World Trade Center getting revamped Norman Foster design

Larry Silverstein and architect Norman Foster are working on major changes to Foster’s original vision for the still-unbuilt skyscraper, the developer tells The Post.

[...]

“The important thing now is to lease up Tower Three,” he says. “I don’t think it’s going to be long to start focusing on Tower Two.”

Did that mean he wants Tower Three to be fully leased first? “Yes, it’s fair to say that,” he says.

·
The only way is up
80,085 Posts
I loved the original design, but considering the same architect is redesigning the original, I'm sure it will still be miles better than BIGs 2 WTC. I'm so happy we might finally see Foster's 2 WTC rise. :banana: :cheers:
I agree. Can't wait to see the new design. I would still be happy with the original as well.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Foster's design is amazing, but does anybody agree that the prospect of a Foster tower in NYC was a lot more exciting 15 years ago? Now they're popping up all over the place....

But, still much better than BIG's design.

6761 - 6780 of 6878 Posts