Skyscraper City Forum banner
7041 - 7060 of 7352 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
The problem I have with this one is that while it has diamonds, the design flow isn't even. Whereas the peak of the Foster design coincides with the roof of tower 1, here it's the middle of the crystals that do that. It just looks off.
Film director just wanted to make this building the main in the city

·
Super Moderator
Excelsior!
20,945 Posts
FWIW the 9/11 20th anniversary fact sheet available on Silvertstein's website lists the architect as Foster. To me that's definitive proof that the BIG design is canned.

·
Registered
45 Posts
FWIW the 9/11 20th anniversary fact sheet available on Silvertstein's website lists the architect as Foster. To me that's definitive proof that the BIG design is canned.

Someone better tell skyscraperpage....

·
Registered
45 Posts
@KillerZavatar, our dear friend, can change some things in skyscraperpage :love:
I wouldn't really expect them to fix these things pretty fast, it doesn't seem like they do.
The icons on the front page, for instance, clearly haven't been touched in a good 15 years.

Also, their page for New York still lists #1 and #4 as under construction.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,739 Posts
why is skyscraperpage so outdated? :eek: 😭 😭
the problem is mostly CTBUH data is not readily accessible anymore, so keeping it updated is not as easy as checking their website and cross referencing skyscrapercity pages for the projects.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I found another movie featuring the Foster 2WTC:
I also found it in a classic film from my childhood- Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
This comes despite the fact that they somehow messed up the placing of literally every single building on Manhattan Island, with the possible exception of some of Brookfield Place.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I also found it in a classic film from my childhood- Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
This comes despite the fact that they somehow messed up the placing of literally every single building on Manhattan Island, with the possible exception of some of Brookfield Place.
View attachment 2320079
Well I mean, the second movie had the OG towers in it:

who’d have thought that a kids movie of all things would be consistent with NYCs skyline

7041 - 7060 of 7352 Posts